Incline track | Girls seventh at Big George Invite
April 24, 2013
The Incline track team competed this past Saturday in the Big George Invite at Douglas High School, where the girls finished seventh out of 12 mostly large-school teams.
Sophomore sprinter Valeri Nix finished sixth in the 100-meter dash in a time of 14.00 and was seventh in the 200 in a time of 28.99. Nix also placed sixth in the 100-meter hurdles, in 18.31.
Freshman Hannah Laurie finished seventh in both the 800- and 1,600-meter runs, posting times of 2:48.55 and 5:55.28, respectively. Freshman teammate Stephanie Homola was 10th in the 800, in 2:52.11, and was ninth in the 1,600, in 5:59.70.
Jessica Hillman placed 16th in the 400 (1:14.22).
Senior Tara Lincoln, meanwhile, fared well in the long jump and triple jump. She finished fourth in the triple jump, recording a jump of 31-00.75, and was eighth in the long jump, with a leap of 13-09.75. Mia Harbaugh was ninth in the long jump, at 13-03.00, and was eighth in the triple jump, at 25-11.00.
Lincoln, Arantza Alcantara, Kandace Dirga and Harbaugh also teamed up to finish fourth in the 4×100 relay, posting a time of 57.66.
The Douglas girls took the team win by a landslide, with 250.5 points to runner-up Carson’s 100.5. Galena (88.5) was third, followed by South Tahoe (49), North Tahoe (47), Whittell (29), Incline (24), McQueen (20), Damonte Ranch (18.5), Bishop Manogue (10), Sierra Lutheran (7) and Hug (4).
On the boys side, Incline freshman Ryan Eppolito placed eighth in both the 400 and 800, crossing the finish lines in 55.81 and 2:15.58, respectively. Eppolito also was ninth in the 1,600 in a time of 4:57.34.
Freshman Josh Lewis was 10th in the high jump, clearing the bar at 5-02.00.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee prep roundup: Wolverines cruise in volleyball, girls soccer
- Truckee football: Wolverines primed for clash with rival South Tahoe
- North Tahoe football: Mercogliano, Lakers sneak past Yerington JV
- Incline prep roundup: Boys, girls soccer fall short to North Tahoe
- North Tahoe prep roundup: Laker boys soccer thumps Fallon 17-1
- Pilot found dead in plane wreckage west of Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: 6 inches of snow reported at high elevations Monday
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Woman on vacation from Taiwan killed in Lake Tahoe wreck
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway