Incline track | Girls seventh at Big George Invite
April 24, 2013
The Incline track team competed this past Saturday in the Big George Invite at Douglas High School, where the girls finished seventh out of 12 mostly large-school teams.
Sophomore sprinter Valeri Nix finished sixth in the 100-meter dash in a time of 14.00 and was seventh in the 200 in a time of 28.99. Nix also placed sixth in the 100-meter hurdles, in 18.31.
Freshman Hannah Laurie finished seventh in both the 800- and 1,600-meter runs, posting times of 2:48.55 and 5:55.28, respectively. Freshman teammate Stephanie Homola was 10th in the 800, in 2:52.11, and was ninth in the 1,600, in 5:59.70.
Jessica Hillman placed 16th in the 400 (1:14.22).
Senior Tara Lincoln, meanwhile, fared well in the long jump and triple jump. She finished fourth in the triple jump, recording a jump of 31-00.75, and was eighth in the long jump, with a leap of 13-09.75. Mia Harbaugh was ninth in the long jump, at 13-03.00, and was eighth in the triple jump, at 25-11.00.
Lincoln, Arantza Alcantara, Kandace Dirga and Harbaugh also teamed up to finish fourth in the 4×100 relay, posting a time of 57.66.
The Douglas girls took the team win by a landslide, with 250.5 points to runner-up Carson's 100.5. Galena (88.5) was third, followed by South Tahoe (49), North Tahoe (47), Whittell (29), Incline (24), McQueen (20), Damonte Ranch (18.5), Bishop Manogue (10), Sierra Lutheran (7) and Hug (4).
On the boys side, Incline freshman Ryan Eppolito placed eighth in both the 400 and 800, crossing the finish lines in 55.81 and 2:15.58, respectively. Eppolito also was ninth in the 1,600 in a time of 4:57.34.
Freshman Josh Lewis was 10th in the high jump, clearing the bar at 5-02.00.
Trending In: Sports
- It’s all in the hips: how to keep your golf swing loose this winter
- North Lake Tahoe’s Alpenglow Mountain Festival wraps this weekend
- Lake Tahoe backcountry skiing is skyrocketing in popularity — but is everyone prepared to make it out alive?
- From Soda Springs to Sochi and back
- Incline football: Highlanders stomp Silver Stage, end season on high note
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Tahoe Top 5: What to keep in your car to ensure safety during winter storms
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues