Incline track | Highlanders perform well at High Desert Invite
May 8, 2014
Valeri Nix and Sami Lampe led the Incline track and field team with top-10 finishes in the mixed-division High Desert Invite at Reed on Friday.
Nix, a junior sprinter and hurdler, finished eighth in the 100-meter hurdles, posting a time of 18.13 seconds. She also recorded a 10th-place finish in the 200-meter dash, in 28.32, and an 11th-place finish in the 400, in 66.57, and was part of the 4 x 200 relay that placed ninth in 1:57.59.
Lampe, a sophomore, placed seventh in the long jump with a leap of 14-07. She tossed the shot put 22-11.75 and was on the 4 x 200 relay and 4 x 100 relay, which finished ninth in 56.52.
Kandace Dira, who also ran on the 4 x 100 and 4 x 200 relays, posted a time of 29.78 in the 200 and 67.40 in the 400, and Kate Ballan recorded times of 20.38 in the 100 hurdles and 59.39 in the 300 hurdles.
Serena Singh finished in 20.67 in the 100 hurdles and 61.82 in the 300 hurdles, and had jumps of 12-00.5 in the long jump and 28-03.5 in the triple jump. Mia Harbaugh jumped 13-09 in the long jump and 27-05.5 in the triple jump and was on the 4 x 100 and 4 x 200 relays. Arantza Alcantara ran the 100 in 15.67 and the 400 in 74.50. She also was on the 4 x 100 relay.
On the boys' side, Incline sophomore Matt Colby finished 16th in the 110 hurdles with a time of 17.69.
Sophomore teammate Ryan Eppolito, who competed for the first time since breaking his ankle this past winter, posted times of 60.05 in the 400, 2:29.73 in the 800 and 5:46.53 in the 1,600.
Conor Devine threw the discus 64-08 and recorded a leap of 13-4 in the long jump, and Nick Barnard finished with times of 67.79 in the 400 and 2:45.66 in the 800 and jumped 13-10.75 in the long jump.
Incline will compete in the Fernley Invitational on Saturday before heading to Winnemucca for regionals May 16-17.
Trending In: Sports
- North Lake Tahoe’s Alpenglow Mountain Festival wraps this weekend
- Lake Tahoe backcountry skiing is skyrocketing in popularity — but is everyone prepared to make it out alive?
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Squaw-Alpine staying open through Memorial Day, others extend spring skiing season
- Tahoe skiing: How to master (or, at least learn) new movements with the inside ski
- Truckee boys soccer: Wolverines cruise past Greenwave in 7-0 shutout
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Progress being made on widespread power outages
- Teen skiers mourned: two skiers killed in avalanche remembered
- Explore Tahoe: Shake up party plans, drink some wine and try your hand at painting