Johnsville ski hill hosts state championship snowshoe race
March 12, 2013
The North Tahoe baseball team opened its season on a high note as it swept through the Yerington Tournament in convincing fashion this past weekend.
The Lakers routed all three opponents they faced, beating Lee Vining 11-0, Virginia City 10-2 and Eureka 8-1.
Junior starter Wildon DesLauriers threw five shutout innings while recording 10 strikeouts against Lee Vining on Friday. The right-hander did not allow a walk and limited his pitches to 60.
The Lakers had 10 hits in the game, led by Baird Bishop’s 3-for-4 performance with a double and four RBIs. Lucas Early had a hit and two RBIs, and DesLauriers had two hits. Mitchell Myers and Drew Austin each contributed an RBI, and Miles Johanson had a double.
Against Virginia City on Saturday, Alex Bourriague had two hits and an RBI, while Tyler Olk had a hit and an RBI and Bishop had two hits. DesLauriers, Early, Johanson and Colin Spencer each had an RBI.
Spencer started and earned the win, striking out seven in three innings while walking two and allowing one earned run.
Stats were not available against Eureka.
The Lakers are scheduled to face Silver Stage, Yerington and Pershing County in a crossover tournament against the Lahontan League on Friday and Saturday.
Trending In: Sports
- Tahoe skiing: Downhill resorts offer up new features for the 2016-17 season
- VIDEO: Tahoe native, U.S. Ski Team’s Lila Lapanja returning to form
- Fat-bottom whirls: Try out a fat bike for a new form of Tahoe-Truckee snow fun
- Tahoe athletes: Josh Daiek thunders into the professional freeskiing scene
- Truckee volleyball: Wolverines win state title in 5-set thriller
- 5 arrested near Truckee after iPhone thefts, high-speed chase (w/ mugshots)
- Opinion: Risk of catastrophic fire at Lake Tahoe just got worse
- Whoops! Backhoe accident left Alpine Meadows in the dark
- Truckee Bank of America armed robbery: Second suspect arrested
- Evidence heard in April murder of woman near Truckee