Lake Tahoe golf: Try out these early season strategies
May 20, 2016
The golf season has arrived! The Incline Village Championship Golf Course opened May 13, and the Mountain Golf Course opens May 20, so here are a few tips to remember when getting back in to the swing of things:
1. Always remember to stretch before taking those first swings. For those that are coming from the warmer climates, it is especially important to stretch your muscles and loosen up on our cold mornings here in Tahoe.
2. Take your time on the driving range before playing that first round. Make sure to start with the shorter irons (i.e. Pitching, Wedge or Sand Wedge) and hit short shots to concentrate on the contact of the ball.
3. Don’t push it too hard on your first round. Playing just 9 holes is a great way to warm up for the season. The Mountain Course offers 9 holes anytime and The Championship Course offers 9 holes after 5:30 p.m. Both options are a great way to get a feel for your game and get warmed up for the upcoming season.
4. The weather is always changing in our area, so it’s a good idea, especially in the early season, to keep a light jacket or sweater in your golf bag. You can always peel it off if the sun comes out but you will be thankful you have it on colder mornings or windy days.
Have fun, enjoy your game, and we’ll see you on the courses!
Kyle Thornburg is Tournament Coordinator/Assistant Golf Pro for the Incline Village Golf Courses. Visit GolfIncline.com or call 775-832-1146 for information, lessons or to book tee times.
Trending In: Sports
- Lake Tahoe weather: Schools closed; 6 more feet of snow forecast
- Lake Tahoe weather: Avalanche alerts issued for Crystal Bay, Alpine Meadows residents
- Lake Tahoe weather: Incline officials urge residents to be prepared
- Lake Tahoe weather: 21 inches of snow at Sugar Bowl; chain controls in effect
- Sierra Watch files second lawsuit against Squaw Valley redevelopment