Lakers outscore opponents 29-3 in Yerington Tournament
March 12, 2013
The North Tahoe baseball team opened its season on a high note as it swept through the Yerington Tournament in convincing fashion this past weekend.
The Lakers routed all three opponents they faced, beating Lee Vining 11-0, Virginia City 10-2 and Eureka 8-1.
Junior starter Wildon DesLauriers threw five shutout innings while recording 10 strikeouts against Lee Vining on Friday. The right-hander did not allow a walk and limited his pitches to 60.
The Lakers had 10 hits in the game, led by Baird Bishop’s 3-for-4 performance with a double and four RBIs. Lucas Early had a hit and two RBIs, and DesLauriers had two hits. Mitchell Myers and Drew Austin each contributed an RBI, and Miles Johanson had a double.
Against Virginia City on Saturday, Alex Bourriague had two hits and an RBI, while Tyler Olk had a hit and an RBI and Bishop had two hits. DesLauriers, Early, Johanson and Colin Spencer each had an RBI.
Spencer started and earned the win, striking out seven in three innings while walking two and allowing one earned run.
Stats were not available against Eureka.
Trending In: Sports
- VIDEO: Tahoe native, U.S. Ski Team’s Lila Lapanja returning to form
- Tahoe skiing: Downhill resorts offer up new features for the 2016-17 season
- Fat-bottom whirls: Try out a fat bike for a new form of Tahoe-Truckee snow fun
- Death Ride doesn’t live up to name
- Lake Tahoe backcountry skiing is skyrocketing in popularity — but is everyone prepared to make it out alive?
- Truckee Bank of America armed robbery: Second suspect arrested
- Tahoe under the surface: Photographer dives deep for underwater shots
- Northstar California appoints Nadia Guerriero as new GM
- Reno real estate: A look back, and a look ahead at the housing market
- ‘Ninja road stars’ piercing tires in South Lake Tahoe (photos)