Lakers outscore opponents 29-3 in Yerington Tournament
March 12, 2013
The North Tahoe baseball team opened its season on a high note as it swept through the Yerington Tournament in convincing fashion this past weekend.
The Lakers routed all three opponents they faced, beating Lee Vining 11-0, Virginia City 10-2 and Eureka 8-1.
Junior starter Wildon DesLauriers threw five shutout innings while recording 10 strikeouts against Lee Vining on Friday. The right-hander did not allow a walk and limited his pitches to 60.
The Lakers had 10 hits in the game, led by Baird Bishop's 3-for-4 performance with a double and four RBIs. Lucas Early had a hit and two RBIs, and DesLauriers had two hits. Mitchell Myers and Drew Austin each contributed an RBI, and Miles Johanson had a double.
Against Virginia City on Saturday, Alex Bourriague had two hits and an RBI, while Tyler Olk had a hit and an RBI and Bishop had two hits. DesLauriers, Early, Johanson and Colin Spencer each had an RBI.
Spencer started and earned the win, striking out seven in three innings while walking two and allowing one earned run.
Stats were not available against Eureka.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee High baseball team goes 2-2 to start season
- Explore Tahoe: Reach new heights with a North Shore snowmobile tour
- North Tahoe varsity boys golf win first league tourney
- Squaw Valley World Cup: 20,000 fans joined hundreds of volunteers in celebration
- Travis Ganong, others marvel at Squaw Valley during World Cup weekend
- Lake Tahoe weather: 10-20 inches of snow forecast by Wednesday up top
- What’s the story behind Truckee’s West River Street cottages?
- Truckee ski-snowboard company launches Kickstarter campaign to expand
- After 15 years of missed reviews, Truckee assessing Martis Valley Quarry
- Lake Tahoe transportation: Six ways to travel here without your car