Lakers outscore opponents 29-3 in Yerington Tournament
March 12, 2013
The North Tahoe baseball team opened its season on a high note as it swept through the Yerington Tournament in convincing fashion this past weekend.
The Lakers routed all three opponents they faced, beating Lee Vining 11-0, Virginia City 10-2 and Eureka 8-1.
Junior starter Wildon DesLauriers threw five shutout innings while recording 10 strikeouts against Lee Vining on Friday. The right-hander did not allow a walk and limited his pitches to 60.
The Lakers had 10 hits in the game, led by Baird Bishop’s 3-for-4 performance with a double and four RBIs. Lucas Early had a hit and two RBIs, and DesLauriers had two hits. Mitchell Myers and Drew Austin each contributed an RBI, and Miles Johanson had a double.
Against Virginia City on Saturday, Alex Bourriague had two hits and an RBI, while Tyler Olk had a hit and an RBI and Bishop had two hits. DesLauriers, Early, Johanson and Colin Spencer each had an RBI.
Spencer started and earned the win, striking out seven in three innings while walking two and allowing one earned run.
Stats were not available against Eureka.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee football: Wolverines primed for clash with rival South Tahoe
- Truckee prep roundup: Wolverines cruise in volleyball, girls soccer
- North Tahoe football: Mercogliano, Lakers sneak past Yerington JV
- North Tahoe prep roundup: Laker boys soccer thumps Fallon 17-1
- Incline prep roundup: Boys, girls soccer fall short to North Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: 6 inches of snow reported at high elevations Monday
- Pilot, small plane missing in Sierra Nevada southwest of Lake Tahoe
- Pilot found dead in plane wreckage west of Lake Tahoe
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Woman on vacation from Taiwan killed in Lake Tahoe wreck