Local golfers post impressive results at Tahoe Donner GC
June 26, 2014
Last week was a good one at Tahoe Donner Golf Course as two longtime residents, Bob Toliver and Don Hamilton, each achieved a milestone.
Toliver made a hole-in-one on the course's 204-yard, par 3, 17th hole to add to his four previous holes-in-one. Hamilton, meanwhile, in his 77th year, shot an impressive 77.
Toliver's hole-in-one was witnessed by Charlie Lyons and Marc Smith.
Hamilton's 77 was highlighted by a gutsy shot through the trees on the difficult 16th hole. He made all the tough putts, and just missed his birdie try on the final hole.
Dave Rojas also made a hole-in-one at Tahoe Donner on June 1.
Rojas accomplished the feat on the 150-yard 12th hole using a 4 iron.
Dave Domeier and Michael Lavallee witnessed the shot.
Trending In: Sports
- Lake Tahoe backcountry skiing is skyrocketing in popularity — but is everyone prepared to make it out alive?
- Lake Tahoe snowmelt opening up hiking, biking trail options
- Death Ride doesn’t live up to name
- Tahoe skiing: How to master (or, at least learn) new movements with the inside ski
- 2016-17 winter: Looking at next year’s ski-snowboard gear
- Teen skiers mourned: two skiers killed in avalanche remembered
- Lake Tahoe weather: Progress being made on widespread power outages
- Lake Tahoe weather: Floriston, Highway 89 areas still may be down until Saturday
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week