North Tahoe Aquatics successful in Quincy Invite
August 8, 2014
The North Tahoe Aquatics team earned an abundance of quality finishes at the Quincy Invitational Swim Meet on July 26-27.
Twelve members of the team competed, with 6-year-old Alec Bruce bringing home a first-place medal in the 25-yard backstroke and a second-place finish in the 25 freestyle.
Other notable finishes for North Tahoe Aquatics athletes include Libby Webb, 8 (eighth 25 back; 12th 25 free), Ivey Kellenberger, 8 (fifth 25 fly; eighth 25 free), Bergen Garrity, 8 (third 25 back; third 50 free), Jack Bruce, 8 (seventh 50 free; eighth 25 free; eighth 25 back), Kaleb Query, 8 (second 50 fly; third 25 fly; fourth 25 breast; fourth 100 free; fifth 25 free), Devon Wilson, 10 (third 100 breast; ninth 100 free; ninth 50 free; 11th 50 back), Casey Garrity, 10 (fourth 50 free; sixth 200 free), Maddie Welling, 11 (second 100 free; fifth 50 free; eighth 50 breast; ninth 100 breast; 11th 100 IM), and Payton Black, 14 (ninth 50 free; 11th 100 free; eighth 200 free).
The North Tahoe Aquatics team is organized through the Tahoe City PUD and MJ Rees and overseen by coach Dick Banfield. The squad practices at the Granlibakken Resort pool from May to September but competes year-round.
For more information about the swim team, contact the Tahoe City PUD at 530-583-8452.
Trending In: Sports
- Tahoe skier Lila Lapanja on World Cup: ‘Smiling is my antidote to negativity’
- Tahoe skiing: Final Junior Freeride tour hits Mt. Rose this weekend
- Explore Tahoe: Area fishing charters provide fun, successful excursions
- Boarding for Breast Cancer event at Sugar Bowl raises over $8,000
- SNC Tahoe skiers, snowboarders rack up national titles
- What’s the story behind Truckee’s West River Street cottages?
- Lake Tahoe weather: Foot of snow possible at high elevations Friday
- North Tahoe crime logs: Screwdriver-wielding man threatens retail shop staff
- Lake Tahoe weather: 10-20 inches of snow forecast by Wednesday up top
- Truckee Police Logs: 2 arrests in 2 days for meth possession