North Tahoe baseball | Colin Spencer dominant in complete-game win
March 19, 2013
North Tahoe softball
The North Tahoe softball team went 0-3 in its crossover tournament against the Lahontan League over the weekend, falling to Silver Stage, Yerington and Pershing County. In the Lakers’ 14-8 loss to Silver Stage, Sierra Aildasani went 3-for-3, while Kalia Norris was 2-for-3 with an RBI, and Meghan Grijalva was 1-for-3. Ivy Altick, Liz Buhler, Valencia Covell and Kat Sanchez contributed and RBI apiece. Stats were not available from the other two games.
North Tahoe’s Colin Spencer mowed down the opposing Portola lineup in a 3-2 win at Governors Bowl in Reno on Monday, as the senior right-hander recorded 17 strikeouts while allowing only four hits in a seven-inning complete game.
The Lakers struck first with a two-run first inning and added a run in the third for a 3-0 lead. Portola scored once in the fourth and once more in the top of the seventh to close to within one run.
But Spencer powered out of the outing, needing 132 pitches to close the deal. He walked only two batters and allowed one earned run.
Spencer needed to be good, as the Lakers scratched out only four hits in the game — one apiece by Baird Bishop, Shane Christian, Mitchell Myers and Spencer. Bishop had a triple and two RBIs, while Christian scored two runs and Spencer one.
The Lakers also competed in a Division III crossover tournament against the Lahontan League over the weekend, but they had to forfeit all three games because they didn’t have enough players. Coach Matt Drury said a couple of players are still competing in skiing events, while four others were injured.
The Lakers are scheduled to begin Mount Rose League play with a doubleheader at Sparks on Saturday at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee prep roundup: Wolverines cruise in volleyball, girls soccer
- Truckee football: Wolverines primed for clash with rival South Tahoe
- North Tahoe football: Mercogliano, Lakers sneak past Yerington JV
- Incline prep roundup: Boys, girls soccer fall short to North Tahoe
- North Tahoe prep roundup: Laker boys soccer thumps Fallon 17-1
- Pilot found dead in plane wreckage west of Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: 6 inches of snow reported at high elevations Monday
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- Woman on vacation from Taiwan killed in Lake Tahoe wreck