North Tahoe baseball | Lakers sweep past Silver Stage
May 8, 2014
The North Tahoe baseball team improved to 10-2 in league play with one series remaining after sweeping both ends of Tuesday’s doubleheader at Silver Stage, 6-1 and 10-0.
North Tahoe senior Alex Tyler pitched the Lakers to victory in Game 1. Junior Mitchell Myers, meanwhile, tossed a complete-game shutout in Game 2.
Stats were not available.
The Lakers, who are second in the Northern Division III standings, still have a shot at earning the No. 1 regional playoff seed.
For that to happen they’ll need to win both of their final two games at fourth-place Pershing County (7-5) on Saturday, while first-place Battle Mountain (11-1) will need to lose both games against visiting Incline (6-6).
Should Battle Mountain and North Tahoe finish with the same league record, NIAA tiebreaker rules would be used to determine the top seed. Since the teams split their one league doubleheader, each team would receive one point for each game won in league play by their defeated opponents.
The Northern Division III regional tournament is scheduled for May 16-17 at Pershing County. The top two teams from regionals advance to state, which will be contested at three different sites in Reno.
North Tahoe’s softball team, meanwhile, which also will end the regular season with a doubleheader at Pershing County on Saturday, lost 18-1 and 24-0 at Silver Stage.
Trending In: Sports
- Explore Tahoe: From yoga to skiing, Feb. 18-16 winter mountain fest has it all
- Fat-bottom whirls: Try out a fat bike for a new form of Tahoe-Truckee snow fun
- Lake Tahoe backcountry skiing is skyrocketing in popularity — but is everyone prepared to make it out alive?
- Death Ride doesn’t live up to name
- Homecoming football preview: Damonte Ranch at Truckee
- It’s gonna be huge: Lake Tahoe ski resorts look to trump weather issues in time for busy Presidents Day weekend
- Lake Tahoe weather: Foot or more of snow possible Friday; then more rain
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Bet your ‘glasses’ – first-of-its-kind wine bar debuts in Incline Village
- Lake Tahoe has seen 138.65 billion gallons of water since October