North Tahoe baseball | Lakers sweep past Silver Stage
May 8, 2014
The North Tahoe baseball team improved to 10-2 in league play with one series remaining after sweeping both ends of Tuesday’s doubleheader at Silver Stage, 6-1 and 10-0.
North Tahoe senior Alex Tyler pitched the Lakers to victory in Game 1. Junior Mitchell Myers, meanwhile, tossed a complete-game shutout in Game 2.
Stats were not available.
The Lakers, who are second in the Northern Division III standings, still have a shot at earning the No. 1 regional playoff seed.
For that to happen they’ll need to win both of their final two games at fourth-place Pershing County (7-5) on Saturday, while first-place Battle Mountain (11-1) will need to lose both games against visiting Incline (6-6).
Should Battle Mountain and North Tahoe finish with the same league record, NIAA tiebreaker rules would be used to determine the top seed. Since the teams split their one league doubleheader, each team would receive one point for each game won in league play by their defeated opponents.
The Northern Division III regional tournament is scheduled for May 16-17 at Pershing County. The top two teams from regionals advance to state, which will be contested at three different sites in Reno.
North Tahoe’s softball team, meanwhile, which also will end the regular season with a doubleheader at Pershing County on Saturday, lost 18-1 and 24-0 at Silver Stage.
Trending In: Sports
- Tahoe hiking: 6 must-see spots to enjoy autumn colors around the lake
- U.S. Ski Team’s Tim Jitloff, a Truckee native, talks life on and off the slopes
- Truckee football: ‘We’re very proud of our guys’ following high-stakes rivalry win
- North Tahoe football: Lakers put ‘Hurt’ on Silver Stage in 34-0 rout
- Truckee prep roundup: Haas first Wolverine to win boys tennis state title
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Squaw development: Little progress made on Attorney General’s concerns
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- North Tahoe Mellow Fellow closes after property’s foreclosure
- Lake Tahoe resort to open ski-in, ski-out coworking space