North Tahoe baseball | Lakers whip Mustangs on road
April 25, 2013
The North Tahoe baseball team earned a quality Division III win at Pershing County on Wednesday, 11-4.
The Lakers jumped on the Mustangs early, scoring three runs in the top of the first before the hosts answered with a run in the bottom half.
Pershing County took over the lead with a three-run third, but North Tahoe scored three in the fifth to retake the lead and five more in the sixth to put the game away.
Sophomore Mitchell Myers started and earned in the win. He gave up four runs (three earned) on five hits and five walks in six innings of work. He finished with eight strikeouts.
Alex Tyler threw a scoreless seventh inning in relief, recording two strikeouts.
North Tahoe banged out 13 hits against Pershing County starter Seth Montes, who went the distance.
Myers helped his cause by going 4-for-4 with a home run and three RBIs. Colin Spencer was 2-for-4 with a doublel and three RBIs, while Wildon DesLauriers and Tyler each had two hits, and Shane Christian, Miles Johansen and Baird Bishop each had one hit. Tyler and Bishop each delivered an RBI, and Christian stole three bases.
Trending In: Sports
- Explore Tahoe: From yoga to skiing, Feb. 18-16 winter mountain fest has it all
- Death Ride doesn’t live up to name
- Lake Tahoe backcountry skiing is skyrocketing in popularity — but is everyone prepared to make it out alive?
- Truckee Raptors youth basketball team crowned champs
- Prep Nordic racing: Season concludes with CNISSF state championships
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week
- Teen skiers mourned: two skiers killed in avalanche remembered
- Lake Tahoe weather: Progress being made on widespread power outages
- Official: Fixing Tahoe transit key to limiting tension between locals, tourists
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage