North Tahoe baseball | Lakers whip Mustangs on road
April 25, 2013
The North Tahoe baseball team earned a quality Division III win at Pershing County on Wednesday, 11-4.
The Lakers jumped on the Mustangs early, scoring three runs in the top of the first before the hosts answered with a run in the bottom half.
Pershing County took over the lead with a three-run third, but North Tahoe scored three in the fifth to retake the lead and five more in the sixth to put the game away.
Sophomore Mitchell Myers started and earned in the win. He gave up four runs (three earned) on five hits and five walks in six innings of work. He finished with eight strikeouts.
Alex Tyler threw a scoreless seventh inning in relief, recording two strikeouts.
North Tahoe banged out 13 hits against Pershing County starter Seth Montes, who went the distance.
Myers helped his cause by going 4-for-4 with a home run and three RBIs. Colin Spencer was 2-for-4 with a doublel and three RBIs, while Wildon DesLauriers and Tyler each had two hits, and Shane Christian, Miles Johansen and Baird Bishop each had one hit. Tyler and Bishop each delivered an RBI, and Christian stole three bases.
Trending In: Sports
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Locals’ guide to Memorial Day in Tahoe: A light-hearted take on escaping the hustle and bustle
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Nesting bald eagles cause temporary campground closure in Eldorado National Forest
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?