North Tahoe baseball | Lakers whip Mustangs on road
April 25, 2013
The North Tahoe baseball team earned a quality Division III win at Pershing County on Wednesday, 11-4.
The Lakers jumped on the Mustangs early, scoring three runs in the top of the first before the hosts answered with a run in the bottom half.
Pershing County took over the lead with a three-run third, but North Tahoe scored three in the fifth to retake the lead and five more in the sixth to put the game away.
Sophomore Mitchell Myers started and earned in the win. He gave up four runs (three earned) on five hits and five walks in six innings of work. He finished with eight strikeouts.
Alex Tyler threw a scoreless seventh inning in relief, recording two strikeouts.
North Tahoe banged out 13 hits against Pershing County starter Seth Montes, who went the distance.
Myers helped his cause by going 4-for-4 with a home run and three RBIs. Colin Spencer was 2-for-4 with a doublel and three RBIs, while Wildon DesLauriers and Tyler each had two hits, and Shane Christian, Miles Johansen and Baird Bishop each had one hit. Tyler and Bishop each delivered an RBI, and Christian stole three bases.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee football: Wolverines primed for clash with rival South Tahoe
- Truckee prep roundup: Wolverines cruise in volleyball, girls soccer
- Incline prep roundup: Boys, girls soccer fall short to North Tahoe
- North Tahoe football: Mercogliano, Lakers sneak past Yerington JV
- Truckee cross-country: Girls claim 3rd, boys take 10th in Folsom
- North Tahoe crime logs: ‘Slobbering’ man dislocates cop’s shoulder
- Poo problems: Tahoe Donner resident proposes solution for dog waste
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- Jim Porter: Voting recommendations for November 8, part one (opinion)
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens