North Tahoe boys lacrosse extends win streak to six
April 19, 2013
Undefeated North Tahoe and North Valleys squared off last Monday in a High Sierra Lacrosse League contest with sole possession of first place on the line.
After an evenly played first half, the Lakers squad took control after the break, firing 22 shots on goal to North Valleys’ four en route to a 7-3 win.
The first half was a back-and-forth, tight contest with the teams going into the half tied at 2-2. North Tahoe had to adjust to a North Valleys team that was very big, physical and fast.
During the half the Lakers made the necessary adjustments and came out strong. North Tahoe received timely goals from Garret Driller and Jackson Schmidt in the third quarter to help shift momentum in the Lakers’ direction.
The fourth quarter was all North Tahoe. The Lakers score three goals to put the game away.
North Tahoe’s defense continued its season-long dominance. Defenseman Conner Gebhardt led the way with seven takeaways.
Offensively the North Tahoe squad was led by Driller with three goals. Chase Whitney and Schmidt were strong on ground balls, scooping up six each.
The Lakers are scheduled to host McQueen at North Tahoe High School on Friday 5 p.m.
Trending In: Sports
- Tahoe skiing: Downhill resorts offer up new features for the 2016-17 season
- VIDEO: Tahoe native, U.S. Ski Team’s Lila Lapanja returning to form
- Fat-bottom whirls: Try out a fat bike for a new form of Tahoe-Truckee snow fun
- Tahoe athletes: Josh Daiek thunders into the professional freeskiing scene
- Truckee volleyball: Wolverines win state title in 5-set thriller
- 5 arrested near Truckee after iPhone thefts, high-speed chase (w/ mugshots)
- Opinion: Risk of catastrophic fire at Lake Tahoe just got worse
- Whoops! Backhoe accident left Alpine Meadows in the dark
- Truckee Bank of America armed robbery: Second suspect arrested
- Evidence heard in April murder of woman near Truckee