North Tahoe boys lacrosse extends win streak to six
April 19, 2013
Undefeated North Tahoe and North Valleys squared off last Monday in a High Sierra Lacrosse League contest with sole possession of first place on the line.
After an evenly played first half, the Lakers squad took control after the break, firing 22 shots on goal to North Valleys’ four en route to a 7-3 win.
The first half was a back-and-forth, tight contest with the teams going into the half tied at 2-2. North Tahoe had to adjust to a North Valleys team that was very big, physical and fast.
During the half the Lakers made the necessary adjustments and came out strong. North Tahoe received timely goals from Garret Driller and Jackson Schmidt in the third quarter to help shift momentum in the Lakers’ direction.
The fourth quarter was all North Tahoe. The Lakers score three goals to put the game away.
North Tahoe’s defense continued its season-long dominance. Defenseman Conner Gebhardt led the way with seven takeaways.
Offensively the North Tahoe squad was led by Driller with three goals. Chase Whitney and Schmidt were strong on ground balls, scooping up six each.
The Lakers are scheduled to host McQueen at North Tahoe High School on Friday 5 p.m.
Trending In: Sports
- Explore Tahoe: From yoga to skiing, Feb. 18-16 winter mountain fest has it all
- Achieve Tahoe celebrates 50 years changing lives through passion for the outdoors
- Death Ride doesn’t live up to name
- Fat-bottom whirls: Try out a fat bike for a new form of Tahoe-Truckee snow fun
- Homecoming football preview: Damonte Ranch at Truckee
- It’s gonna be huge: Lake Tahoe ski resorts look to trump weather issues in time for busy Presidents Day weekend
- Lake Tahoe weather: Foot or more of snow possible Friday; then more rain
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Bet your ‘glasses’ – first-of-its-kind wine bar debuts in Incline Village
- Lake Tahoe has seen 138.65 billion gallons of water since October