North Tahoe boys lacrosse opens with strong wins against McQueen, Galena
March 29, 2013
The newly formed North Tahoe boys lacrosse team began its inaugural High Sierra Lacrosse League season with a bang, winning their first two games at McQueen, 5-1, and Galena, 18-8, this past Monday and Wednesday.
Against McQueen on Monday, North Tahoe used a suffocating team defense and timely goals from Garret Driller and Justin Wadsworth to hand the Lancers their first loss of the season.
“This was a big win for our new program,” said North Tahoe coach Brett McCann. “We have a solid group of players. I am excited for our team and its future success in our league.”
The North Tahoe team played a tough, physical first half against Galena on Wednesday, entering the midway point with a narrow 7-6 lead.
In the third quarter North Tahoe exploded for nine goals to put the game away.
Tanner Quenneville and Chase Whitney led the second-half scoring surge that left Galena stunned. North Tahoe’s suffocating defense limited the Grizzlies to two second-half goals.
Next up for the 2-0 Lakers are away games at Spanish Spring on Friday and Bishop Manogue on Saturday.
Trending In: Sports
- Tahoe skiing: Downhill resorts offer up new features for the 2016-17 season
- VIDEO: Tahoe native, U.S. Ski Team’s Lila Lapanja returning to form
- Fat-bottom whirls: Try out a fat bike for a new form of Tahoe-Truckee snow fun
- IVGID Tip: Up your game for Lake Tahoe’s ski slopes
- Truckee cross-country: Girls edge Spring Creek for third title in four years
- Sierra history: The legacy of Donner Ski Ranch, an 80-year-old resort rebel
- Whoops! Accident left Alpine Meadows in the dark
- I-80 wrecks: If you thought there were more than usual at Floriston, you’re right
- 5 arrested near Truckee after iPhone thefts, high-speed chase (w/ mugshots)
- Evidence heard in April murder of woman near Truckee