North Tahoe golf | Johnson 8th at state
October 22, 2013
North Tahoe's Abigail Johnson capped her season with an eighth-place finish in the Division III State Girls Golf Championship in West Wendover on Friday.
Johnson fired a 110 and a 113 for a two-day total of 223 over the difficult, 5,139-yard Toana Vista Golf Course.
Rachel Horita of Mountain View won the individual state title by shooting a 190 (94-96). Defending state champ Devi Meyers of Incline was second just one stroke behind (191, 96-95) and Jessica Jones of Battle Mountain was third at 209 (104-105).
Incline took the team championship for the second straight year. The Highlanders won the event by more than 120 strokes, with a team score of 860 to second-place Wells' 981. Battle Mountain was third at 1,053.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee High baseball team goes 2-2 to start season
- Explore Tahoe: Reach new heights with a North Shore snowmobile tour
- North Tahoe varsity boys golf win first league tourney
- Squaw Valley World Cup: 20,000 fans joined hundreds of volunteers in celebration
- Travis Ganong, others marvel at Squaw Valley during World Cup weekend
- Lake Tahoe weather: 10-20 inches of snow forecast by Wednesday up top
- What’s the story behind Truckee’s West River Street cottages?
- Truckee ski-snowboard company launches Kickstarter campaign to expand
- After 15 years of missed reviews, Truckee assessing Martis Valley Quarry
- Lake Tahoe transportation: Six ways to travel here without your car