North Tahoe lacrosse team extends win streak to four
April 4, 2013
The North Tahoe Lakers lacrosse team continued its impressive start with a 12-7 win at Spanish Springs last Friday and an 11-6 win at Bishop Manogue on Saturday.
The club squad has now won four consecutive games to start the season.
Against Spanish Springs, Tanner Quenneville led the Lakers with an eight-goals performance.
Chase Whitney dominated ground balls, scooping up 11, while on defense, Conner Gebhardt, Ethan Faye and Luke Taylor continually frustrated the Spanish Springs attack by forcing them to take bad-angle shots.
Against Bishop Manogue, North Tahoe's Chase Whitney, Stein Arntson and Jackson Schmidt dominated on faceoffs. Quenneville had another strong game with five goals, while Blake Sorter tallied four goals to push the Lakers over the top.
Goalie Ryan Conner had a great game with many key saves and initiated several fast break opportunities.
The Lakers took on Wooster on Wednesday (results were not available).
Trending In: Sports
- North Lake Tahoe’s Alpenglow Mountain Festival wraps this weekend
- It’s all in the hips: how to keep your golf swing loose this winter
- Lake Tahoe backcountry skiing is skyrocketing in popularity — but is everyone prepared to make it out alive?
- Tahoe skiing: How to master (or, at least learn) new movements with the inside ski
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Squaw-Alpine staying open through Memorial Day, others extend spring skiing season
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues