North Tahoe lacrosse team extends win streak to four
April 4, 2013
The North Tahoe Lakers lacrosse team continued its impressive start with a 12-7 win at Spanish Springs last Friday and an 11-6 win at Bishop Manogue on Saturday.
The club squad has now won four consecutive games to start the season.
Against Spanish Springs, Tanner Quenneville led the Lakers with an eight-goals performance.
Chase Whitney dominated ground balls, scooping up 11, while on defense, Conner Gebhardt, Ethan Faye and Luke Taylor continually frustrated the Spanish Springs attack by forcing them to take bad-angle shots.
Against Bishop Manogue, North Tahoe’s Chase Whitney, Stein Arntson and Jackson Schmidt dominated on faceoffs. Quenneville had another strong game with five goals, while Blake Sorter tallied four goals to push the Lakers over the top.
Goalie Ryan Conner had a great game with many key saves and initiated several fast break opportunities.
The Lakers took on Wooster on Wednesday (results were not available).
Trending In: Sports
- VIDEO: Tahoe native, U.S. Ski Team’s Lila Lapanja returning to form
- Tahoe skiing: Downhill resorts offer up new features for the 2016-17 season
- Tahoe athletes: Josh Daiek thunders into the professional freeskiing scene
- IVGID Tip: Up your game for Lake Tahoe’s ski slopes
- Lake Tahoe backcountry skiing is skyrocketing in popularity — but is everyone prepared to make it out alive?
- E. coli, coliform bacteria found in Squaw Valley drinking water at upper mountain
- After fatal accidents, Tahoe runaway truck ramp project is complete
- Truckee CHP: Man stowed 64 pounds of pot in car’s fuel cell
- Squaw Valley issues statement on upper mountain water quality
- Truckee Police Logs: Man walks into store, nabs jacket, sunglasses