North Tahoe lacrosse team extends win streak to four
April 4, 2013
The North Tahoe Lakers lacrosse team continued its impressive start with a 12-7 win at Spanish Springs last Friday and an 11-6 win at Bishop Manogue on Saturday.
The club squad has now won four consecutive games to start the season.
Against Spanish Springs, Tanner Quenneville led the Lakers with an eight-goals performance.
Chase Whitney dominated ground balls, scooping up 11, while on defense, Conner Gebhardt, Ethan Faye and Luke Taylor continually frustrated the Spanish Springs attack by forcing them to take bad-angle shots.
Against Bishop Manogue, North Tahoe’s Chase Whitney, Stein Arntson and Jackson Schmidt dominated on faceoffs. Quenneville had another strong game with five goals, while Blake Sorter tallied four goals to push the Lakers over the top.
Goalie Ryan Conner had a great game with many key saves and initiated several fast break opportunities.
The Lakers took on Wooster on Wednesday (results were not available).
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee football: Wolverines primed for clash with rival South Tahoe
- Truckee prep roundup: Wolverines cruise in volleyball, girls soccer
- Incline prep roundup: Boys, girls soccer fall short to North Tahoe
- North Tahoe football: Mercogliano, Lakers sneak past Yerington JV
- North Tahoe prep roundup: Laker boys soccer thumps Fallon 17-1
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- North Tahoe crime logs: ‘Slobbering’ man dislocates cop’s shoulder
- Jim Porter: Voting recommendations for November 8, part one (opinion)
- Pilot found dead in plane wreckage west of Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe skiing: Try these tips on how to train early and smart for winter sports