North Tahoe Pop Warner | Rams QB selected to National All-American Football Bowl
Ryan Summerlin November 21, 2013
While attending an offense-defense football camp this past summer, North Tahoe Rams quarterback Thomas Mercogliano of Tahoma was named an offense-defense All-American and invited to participate in the eighth annual Offense-Defense Bowl Game and week-long festivities at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando, Fla.
Mercogliano was selected for this honor from a group of young athletes numbering in the thousands across the country. He played exceptionally while representing North Lake Tahoe, easily validating the Bowl Selection Committee’s choice in appointing Thomas for the All-Star tilt.
The Offense-Defense Youth All-American Bowl is part of a week-long series of events, including the televised Offense-Defense All-American Bowl.
The game showcases 88 of the top high school seniors in the country and has featured current NFL pros such as Cam Newton, Carlos Dunlap and Dez Bryant, among others, before they were collegiate and later professional stars.
Offense-Defense Sports has been running full-contact football instructional camps for the past 45 years and currently operates in approximately 40 camp locations nationwide every spring and summer. For more information visit http://www.o-d.com.
Trending In: Sports
- Take a hike: Scenic jaunt to Lake Margaret well worth the work (video)
- Truckee football focus: ‘Let’s be the most physical football team on the field’
- North Tahoe football: Mercogliano’s 696 all-purpose yards lead way in homecoming rout
- Tahoe biking: 6 trail etiquette reminders for a safe, fun fall ride
- Motorcycle gang member fatally shot on I-80 near Truckee
- Nevada duo arrested in Truckee on theft, heroin possession charges
- Amid housing crisis, North Tahoe-Truckee real estate sales thrive
- Tensions still high over Lake Tahoe bear management on Nevada side
- Opinion: Placer County shows lack of commitment to Lake Tahoe