North Tahoe soccer | Boys split nonleague games
September 20, 2013
The North Tahoe boys soccer team got in a pair of nonleague games in the past week, losing 2-1 at Reno on Monday and winning 2-0 at Bear River (Calif.) on Wednesday.
Senior Garrett scored the Lakers' lone goal against Division I Reno to tie the score 1-1 in the first half. The Huskies responded with the go-ahead score before the half and neither team scored in the second frame as Reno escaped with the win.
Against Bear River, seniors Wildon DesLauriers and Alex Tyler scored a goal apiece to help lead the Lakers to victory.
North Tahoe is now 3-5 overall and remains 1-0 in Northern Division III play.
The North Tahoe boys and girls are scheduled to host White Pine on Friday and West Wendover on Saturday. Game times are not confirmed.
Trending In: Sports
- North Lake Tahoe’s Alpenglow Mountain Festival wraps this weekend
- Lake Tahoe backcountry skiing is skyrocketing in popularity — but is everyone prepared to make it out alive?
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Squaw-Alpine staying open through Memorial Day, others extend spring skiing season
- Tahoe skiing: How to master (or, at least learn) new movements with the inside ski
- Truckee boys soccer: Wolverines cruise past Greenwave in 7-0 shutout
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Progress being made on widespread power outages
- Teen skiers mourned: two skiers killed in avalanche remembered
- Explore Tahoe: Shake up party plans, drink some wine and try your hand at painting