North Tahoe soccer | Laker boys open season 1-1
Ryan Summerlin September 9, 2013
The North Tahoe soccer team defeated visiting Colfax 3-0 in a nonleague game Tuesday.
Wildon DesLauriers, Jose Chavez and Adrian Ortega, all seniors, scored the Lakers’ goals in the win, which evened their record at 1-1.
The Lakers dropped their season-opening game at Antelope (Rocklin, Calif.), 2-0, last Friday. The team has had two scrimmages canceled due to the poor air quality caused by wildfire smoke.
North Tahoe is scheduled to host another nonleague game against Placer on Friday at 6 p.m. before taking on Del Oro (Rocklin) on the road Tuesday. The Lakers begin league play at Battle Mountain on Friday, Sept. 13.
Stay tuned for a team preview next week.
Home game for Truckee girls
The Truckee girls soccer team will host Lowry in a Northern Division I-A league game Saturday at 1 p.m. The contest will mark the first of the season for the Wolverines.
Truckee’s boys, meanwhile, will play at Lowry on Saturday at 1 p.m.
Both the Truckee boys and girls were slated to play four games in the Howell Memorial Tournament — aka the Galena Tournament — last weekend, but the annual tournament was canceled due to the wildfire smoke.
The Truckee boys are scheduled to host South Tahoe on Tuesday at 5 p.m. The girls play at South Tahoe at the same time.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee football focus: ‘Let’s be the most physical football team on the field’
- North Tahoe football: Mercogliano’s 696 all-purpose yards lead way in homecoming rout
- PHOTOS: Marco Capelli wins inaugural Truckee Marathon
- Truckee JV Pop Warner football team improves to 1-1 with win over Sparks
- Truckee prep roundup: Girls soccer stays unbeaten after wins over South Tahoe, Incline