North Tahoe softball | Lakers fall to Battle Mountain
May 8, 2014
The North Tahoe softball team dropped both ends of a league series against visiting Battle Mountain on Saturday.
Battle Mountain improved to 6-6 with the 21-3 and 19-0 wins, placing the Longhorns in fourth in the Northern Division III standings, behind White Pine (12-1), Yerington (11-1) and Pershing County (8-4). Incline is fifth at 5-7. Only the top four teams advance to the regional postseason.
In Game 1, the Lakers (0-10) pushed across two runs in the second inning and another in the third. But the Longhorns struck for eight runs in the first inning and added four in the second, two in the third and seven in the fifth to end the game on the 10-run rule.
Junior Jade Harkness held North Tahoe to three hits while walking one and striking out three.
Battle Mountain scored in every inning of Game 2, starting with an eight-run first. North Tahoe managed three hits in the contest.
The Lakers, who played a league series at Silver Stage on Tuesday, end the regular season with a league doubleheader at Pershing County on Saturday and a home game against Whittell next Tuesday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Table Fire at 420 acres in Eldorado National Forest
- Reno man killed in head-on crash northeast of Truckee on Interstate 80
- Arapahoe Basin once again country’s first ski area to open, marking start of 2017-2018 season
- Update: Multiple fires burning in Nevada County; 821-acre Lobo Fire is 93 percent contained (video)
- Truckee takes 26-14 win over Spring Creek