North Tahoe softball | Lakers forced to forfeit remainder of season
April 11, 2013
The North Tahoe softball team was forced to forfeit the rest of its season after 10 games due to an insufficient number of eligible players, said athletic director John Neary.
The Lakers, who began the year with the bare minimum of nine players, had to forfeit a Mount Rose League doubleheader at Truckee this past Saturday, as well as contests against White Pine, West Wendover and Battle Mountain the previous week.
The decision to disband for the remainder of the season came Monday, a day before a scheduled league meeting against Incline. The Lakers were 0-5 in games played.
North Tahoe's baseball team, meanwhile, has three home games (or doubleheaders) remaining, Saturday, April 13, April 17 and April 27, all at North Tahoe Regional Park in Tahoe Vista.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee police: Man allegedly drugged victim, raped her
- Thrill seekers land backflips into Lake Tahoe from 99-foot rope swing (video)
- Business struggles to hire young people for skilled-worker jobs
- Fernley’s game-winning touchdown drive upends Truckee comeback
- First snowfall of autumn in Truckee; Squaw Valley receives 3 inches (time lapse cam)