North Tahoe track | Lakers fare well at Carson Invite
May 3, 2013
The North Tahoe track and field team continues to work toward peak performances at the upcoming regional and state championship meets, which are scheduled for May 10-11 and May 17-18, respectively.
The Lakers competed most recently in the Carson Invite this past Saturday, where they turned in many solid results.
Junior Noah McDermott led the way with a second-place finish in the 3,200-meter run, posting a time of 10:18.25 to McQueen winner Kai Benedict’s 10:08.80. He also was third in the 1,600 with a time of 4:41.04.
Sophomore Tara Gallant also posted a top-three finish, as she was third in the 3,200 in a time of 13:07.77, and was 21st in the 3,200 in 6:07.24. Teammate Sophia Gallarigo was ninth in the race, in 13:41.28.
Bozhie Pokorny, a junior, finished fifth in the 400 in a time of 63.93, and Allison Wright was ninth in the 200 in 28.65.
Several Lakers fared well in the 100, with Allie Doyle leading the way in 11th place, in 14.04, followed by Bridget Schroepfer in 15th, in 14.19, Wright in 16th, in 14.20, and Haley Perkins in 19th, in 14.31.
Perkins also was 15th in the 300-meter hurdles, in a time of 55.51, and was 18th in the 100 hurdles, in 20.71. Brittany Holmes was 21st in the 100 hurdles (21.20) and Sara Trimm was 20th in the 300 hurdles (59.52).
North Tahoe freshman Jordan Biggs, meanwhile, placed fourth in the discus with a heave of 90-05, and was eighth in the shot put with a toss of 29-01.00.
Perkins was ninth in the high jump, at 4-06.00. Angela Wood was 10th in the long jump, at 14-05.50, and Pokorny was 13th at 13-02.25.
The girls 4×800 relay team was fifth (11:29.13), as was the 4×100 team (54.25), while both the 4×400 (4:47.50) and the 4×200 (1:55.43) relays were eighth.
Among the boys contingent, Sean McDermott was 15th in the 1,600, in a time of 5:02.73, while James Palacio was 13th in the 3,200 in 11:42.75, and Cam Goldstone was 18th in 11:52.32.
Brandon Hackett placed 20th in the 200 (25.60), and Julien Bordes was 23rd in the 400 (61.48).
Brandon Hayakawa finished 16th in the long jump, at 17-00, and Jordan Holst was 17th in the discus (104-04) and 21st in the shot put (35-08).
The Laker boys 4×800 relay team was third in 8:45.99, while their distance medley (13:08.54) was fourth, their 4×400 (4:00.28) was seventh, and their 4×1000 (49.96) and 4×200 (1:43.51) were both eighth.
North Tahoe is scheduled to compete in the Nevada Union Invitational on Friday.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee prep roundup: Wolverines cruise in volleyball, girls soccer
- Truckee football: Wolverines primed for clash with rival South Tahoe
- North Tahoe football: Mercogliano, Lakers sneak past Yerington JV
- Incline prep roundup: Boys, girls soccer fall short to North Tahoe
- North Tahoe prep roundup: Laker boys soccer thumps Fallon 17-1
- Pilot found dead in plane wreckage west of Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: 6 inches of snow reported at high elevations Monday
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Woman on vacation from Taiwan killed in Lake Tahoe wreck