North Tahoe track | Lakers hold own in large California meet
Ryan Summerlin April 11, 2013
The North Tahoe track and field team held its own in a field of 46 schools at the Thunder Invitational in Rocklin this past weekend.
Junior distance specialist Noah McDermott recorded a top-10 finish in the 3,200-meter run, placing eighth with a time of 10:01.56, while he was also 16th out of 78 runners in the 1,600, in a time of 4:39.74. Cam Goldstone finished 23rd in the frosh/soph division 3,200, in 11:22.50, and James Palacio was 29th in 11:52.08.
Jordan Holst finished 21st in the discus with a distance of 106 feet, 3 inches. Brandon Hayakawa was 25th in the high jump, clearing the bar at 4-10, and 22nd in the long jump, with a leap of 16-09. Sean McDermott was 24th in 300 hurdles with a time of 47.40.
On the girls side, Tara Gallant finished eighth in the frosh/soph 3,200, in 12:39.03. She also placed ninth in the 1,600, in 5:46.99, and was 20th in the 800, in 2:51.54. Kaya Williams was 16th in both the frosh/soph 1,600 (6:24.89) and 3,200 (14:10.63).
Haley Perkins finished 20th in the frosh/soph 100 in a time of 14.43, and was 19th in the 100 hurdles in 21.08 and seventh in the high jump, at 4-02. Jordan Briggs placed 13th in the discus with a toss of 70-11.
Trending In: Sports
- PHOTOS: Marco Capelli wins inaugural Truckee Marathon
- Truckee football focus: ‘Let’s be the most physical football team on the field’
- North Tahoe football: Mercogliano’s 696 all-purpose yards lead way in homecoming rout
- Truckee JV Pop Warner football team improves to 1-1 with win over Sparks
- Truckee prep roundup: Girls soccer stays unbeaten after wins over South Tahoe, Incline