North Tahoe track | Lakers hold own in large California meet
April 11, 2013
The North Tahoe track and field team held its own in a field of 46 schools at the Thunder Invitational in Rocklin this past weekend.
Junior distance specialist Noah McDermott recorded a top-10 finish in the 3,200-meter run, placing eighth with a time of 10:01.56, while he was also 16th out of 78 runners in the 1,600, in a time of 4:39.74. Cam Goldstone finished 23rd in the frosh/soph division 3,200, in 11:22.50, and James Palacio was 29th in 11:52.08.
Jordan Holst finished 21st in the discus with a distance of 106 feet, 3 inches. Brandon Hayakawa was 25th in the high jump, clearing the bar at 4-10, and 22nd in the long jump, with a leap of 16-09. Sean McDermott was 24th in 300 hurdles with a time of 47.40.
On the girls side, Tara Gallant finished eighth in the frosh/soph 3,200, in 12:39.03. She also placed ninth in the 1,600, in 5:46.99, and was 20th in the 800, in 2:51.54. Kaya Williams was 16th in both the frosh/soph 1,600 (6:24.89) and 3,200 (14:10.63).
Haley Perkins finished 20th in the frosh/soph 100 in a time of 14.43, and was 19th in the 100 hurdles in 21.08 and seventh in the high jump, at 4-02. Jordan Briggs placed 13th in the discus with a toss of 70-11.
Trending In: Sports
- North Lake Tahoe’s Alpenglow Mountain Festival wraps this weekend
- Lake Tahoe backcountry skiing is skyrocketing in popularity — but is everyone prepared to make it out alive?
- Death Ride doesn’t live up to name
- Prep Nordic racing: Season concludes with CNISSF state championships
- Tahoe skiing: How to master (or, at least learn) new movements with the inside ski
- Teen skiers mourned: two skiers killed in avalanche remembered
- Lake Tahoe weather: Progress being made on widespread power outages
- Lake Tahoe weather: Floriston, Highway 89 areas still may be down until Saturday
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week