North Tahoe track | McDermott solid in distance events
April 18, 2013
As he’s done a few times before, junior distance specialist Noah McDermott led the North Tahoe track and field team at the 6th Annual Northwest Invite at McQueen High School this past Saturday.
Competing against mostly large schools from Reno, McDermott finished second in the 3,000-meter run and fourth in the 1,500. He posted a time of 9:50.70 in the 3,000, to McQueen winner Kai Benedict’s 9:29.14. He finished the 1,500 in 4:31.99, while his brother, senior Sean McDermott, was fifth in the 1,500 in 4:38.55.
Cam Goldstone (10:52.67) was sixth in the 3,000 and Jackson Shaw (11:33.08) was ninth.
North Tahoe sophomore Allie Doyle finished third in the 100-meter dash in a time of 14.69 seconds, and sophomore teammate Tara Gallant was eighth in the 1,500, in a time of 5:38.90, and was sixth in the 3,000 in 12:17.02. Haley Perkins placed 11th in the 100 hurdles, in 19.87.
The Lakers also fared well in the field events, with Doyle finishing third in the high jump, at 4-08.00, and Perkins placing fifth at 4-06.00. Sage Chador was seventh in the shot put, with a throw of 27-05.50, and Sara Trimm was ninth in the discus, at 69-11.
Two different relay teams finished fourth, the boys 4×800 (Sean McDermott, Noah McDermott, James Palacio, Alexander Steele) and the girls 4×100 (Perkins, Bridget Schroepfer, Allison Wright, Chador). The girls 4×800 team (Gallant, Ingrid Roske, Sophia Tallarigo, Kaya Williams) placed fifth, and the girls 4×200 team (Perkins, Schroepfer, Wright, Chador) was sixth.
North Tahoe is scheduled to compete in the Big George Invite at Douglas High School on Saturday.
Trending In: Sports
- Tahoe skiing: Downhill resorts offer up new features for the 2016-17 season
- VIDEO: Tahoe native, U.S. Ski Team’s Lila Lapanja returning to form
- Fat-bottom whirls: Try out a fat bike for a new form of Tahoe-Truckee snow fun
- IVGID Tip: Up your game for Lake Tahoe’s ski slopes
- Truckee cross-country: Girls edge Spring Creek for third title in four years
- Sierra history: The legacy of Donner Ski Ranch, an 80-year-old resort rebel
- Whoops! Accident left Alpine Meadows in the dark
- I-80 wrecks: If you thought there were more than usual at Floriston, you’re right
- 5 arrested near Truckee after iPhone thefts, high-speed chase (w/ mugshots)
- Evidence heard in April murder of woman near Truckee