North Tahoe varsity boys golf win first league tourney
March 20, 2017
The North Tahoe High School varsity boys golf team has had several scrimmages the last several weeks competing against larger schools, and the Lakers are doing very well.
We had our first league tournament last Thursday, March 16, at Eagle Valley Golf Course. The Lakers are last year's defending Division 3 Nevada state champions.
North Tahoe on March 16 came out on top with a winning score of 442, followed by Incline (464) and Whittell (518). Hawthorne, Yerington and Sage Ridge didn't have enough players for a team score (5 players minimum).
Individual Laker scores were led by Murphy Scott (77), Connor Hipsley (83), Quinn Earley (85), Jake Inclan (97), Colton Nordby (100) and Ben Hopwood (102).
Griffin Cooper of Yerington shot the low round of the tournament with an outstanding 8-under 64. I have very high hopes for this team to defend their state title this season; they're off to a great start.
This article was provided by Steve Munro, coach of the NTHS boys golf team.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Reno man killed in head-on crash northeast of Truckee on Interstate 80
- Truckee couple to host fundraiser on Oct. 17 for Northern California fire victims
- Arapahoe Basin once again country’s first ski area to open, marking start of 2017-2018 season
- Table Fire at 420 acres in Eldorado National Forest
- Update: Multiple fires burning in Nevada County; 821-acre Lobo Fire is 93 percent contained (video)