North Tahoe varsity boys golf win first league tourney
March 20, 2017
The North Tahoe High School varsity boys golf team has had several scrimmages the last several weeks competing against larger schools, and the Lakers are doing very well.
We had our first league tournament last Thursday, March 16, at Eagle Valley Golf Course. The Lakers are last year's defending Division 3 Nevada state champions.
North Tahoe on March 16 came out on top with a winning score of 442, followed by Incline (464) and Whittell (518). Hawthorne, Yerington and Sage Ridge didn't have enough players for a team score (5 players minimum).
Individual Laker scores were led by Murphy Scott (77), Connor Hipsley (83), Quinn Earley (85), Jake Inclan (97), Colton Nordby (100) and Ben Hopwood (102).
Griffin Cooper of Yerington shot the low round of the tournament with an outstanding 8-under 64. I have very high hopes for this team to defend their state title this season; they're off to a great start.
This article was provided by Steve Munro, coach of the NTHS boys golf team.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Sports
- Tahoe skier Lila Lapanja on World Cup: ‘Smiling is my antidote to negativity’
- Explore Tahoe: Area fishing charters provide fun, successful excursions
- Tahoe skiing: Final Junior Freeride tour hits Mt. Rose this weekend
- Boarding for Breast Cancer event at Sugar Bowl raises over $8,000
- Tahoe-Truckee biking: Nonprofit seeks proposals for region-wide map
- What’s the story behind Truckee’s West River Street cottages?
- Lake Tahoe weather: Foot of snow possible at high elevations Friday
- North Tahoe crime logs: Screwdriver-wielding man threatens retail shop staff
- Truckee Police Logs: 2 arrests in 2 days for meth possession
- Lake Tahoe weather: 10-20 inches of snow forecast by Wednesday up top