North Tahoe volleyball | Lakers fall in five against Wolves
Ryan Summerlin October 10, 2013
The North Tahoe dropped a hard-fought nonleague match in five sets against visiting Coleville on Tuesday.
The Lakers battled to a 26-24 win in the opening set before falling 20-25 in the second and 16-25 in the third. North Tahoe stormed back to win a tightly contested fourth set, 29-27, but the Wolves closed the match with a 15-11 win in the fifth and deciding game.
North Tahoe sophomore Jordan Briggs tallied a team-high eight kills to go along with her two service aces and 17 digs.
Senior sister Taylor Briggs finished with five kills, an ace and 20 digs, Sherene Clegg had four kills and two blocks, Rikki Partain had four kills and 16 digs, Baylee Goodwin had four kills and an ace, and Tilley Gibeaut had three kills, two aces and 16 assists. Kalia Norris added an assist and 15 digs.
In a three-set win over visiting Silver Stage last Thursday, Baylee Goodwin posted nine kills to lead the way, while Jordan Briggs finished with 24 digs and Gibeaut 20 assists.
The Lakers (2-5 league, 6-10 overall) play at Pershing County on Friday and at Battle Mountain on Saturday. They host White Pine next Friday, Oct. 18.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee football focus: ‘Let’s be the most physical football team on the field’
- North Tahoe football: Mercogliano’s 696 all-purpose yards lead way in homecoming rout
- Truckee JV Pop Warner football team improves to 1-1 with win over Sparks
- Truckee prep roundup: Girls soccer stays unbeaten after wins over South Tahoe, Incline
- Truckee cross country: Wolverines finish ahead of the pack at home meet