North Tahoe volleyball | Lakers return from tough road trip
October 14, 2013
The North Tahoe volleyball team dropped a pair of Division III matches on the road this past Friday and Saturday, including a three-set loss against defending state champion Pershing County.
Facing Pershing County on Friday to begin the road trip, the Mustangs took the match 25-14, 25-9, 25-20. Battle Mountain won 25-5, 25-18, 25-12 the following day.
North Tahoe seniors Taylor Briggs and Baylee Goodwin led the Lakers with five kills apiece against the Mustangs. Briggs added 10 digs and three assists, while Jordan Briggs posted four kills and six digs, and Tilley Gibeaut had nine assists and eight digs. Kalia Norris contributed three digs.
Against Battle Mountain on Saturday, Taylor Briggs tallied a team-high eight kills to go along with her four digs. Sherene Clegg, Gibeaut and Goodwin each finished with three kills, while Gibeaut and Norris each had two aces, and Rikki Partain had four digs.
North Tahoe(2-7 league, 6-12 overall) will host White Pine on Friday at 5 p.m. and West Wendover on Saturday at 1 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Impending storm prompts closure of Sierra passes
- Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows invests $4 million into snow safety
- Reno man killed in head-on crash northeast of Truckee on Interstate 80
- Nevada prison-raised sagebrush seedlings ready to be planted in burned areas
- First snowfall of autumn in Truckee; Squaw Valley receives 3 inches (time lapse cam)