North Tahoe volleyball | Lakers split at White Pine, West Wendover
September 24, 2013
The North Tahoe volleyball team split a pair of Northern Division III matches on the road this past weekend, losing to White Pine in three sets on Friday before earning a hard-fought win in five sets at West Wendover on Saturday.
The Lakers worked hard for their victory in the farthest reach of the state. They defeated the Wolverines of West Wendover 20-25, 25-21, 17-25, 25-18 and 15-11.
Senior Taylor Briggs led the charge, smashing 17 kills, while sophomore sister Jordan Briggs tallied 12 kills and six service aces. Sophomore Rikki Partain finished with five kills and two aces, Sherene Clegg had three kills and a block, Baylee Goodwin had three kills, four aces and two blocks, and Tilley Gibeaut had two digs.
White Pine defeated the Lakers 25-12, 25-21 and 25-13. Partain and Jordan Briggs each finished with three kills, while Taylor Briggs had two.
North Tahoe is scheduled to host Yerington on Friday at 5 p.m. and play at Incline on Tuesday, Oct. 1 at 5 p.m.
Trending In: Sports
- Tahoe hiking: 6 must-see spots to enjoy autumn colors around the lake
- U.S. Ski Team’s Tim Jitloff, a Truckee native, talks life on and off the slopes
- Truckee football: ‘We’re very proud of our guys’ following high-stakes rivalry win
- North Tahoe football: Lakers put ‘Hurt’ on Silver Stage in 34-0 rout
- Truckee prep roundup: Haas first Wolverine to win boys tennis state title
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- North Tahoe Mellow Fellow closes after property’s foreclosure
- Squaw development: Little progress made on Attorney General’s concerns
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Lake Tahoe resort to open ski-in, ski-out coworking space