North Tahoe volleyball | Lakers split at White Pine, West Wendover
September 24, 2013
The North Tahoe volleyball team split a pair of Northern Division III matches on the road this past weekend, losing to White Pine in three sets on Friday before earning a hard-fought win in five sets at West Wendover on Saturday.
The Lakers worked hard for their victory in the farthest reach of the state. They defeated the Wolverines of West Wendover 20-25, 25-21, 17-25, 25-18 and 15-11.
Senior Taylor Briggs led the charge, smashing 17 kills, while sophomore sister Jordan Briggs tallied 12 kills and six service aces. Sophomore Rikki Partain finished with five kills and two aces, Sherene Clegg had three kills and a block, Baylee Goodwin had three kills, four aces and two blocks, and Tilley Gibeaut had two digs.
White Pine defeated the Lakers 25-12, 25-21 and 25-13. Partain and Jordan Briggs each finished with three kills, while Taylor Briggs had two.
North Tahoe is scheduled to host Yerington on Friday at 5 p.m. and play at Incline on Tuesday, Oct. 1 at 5 p.m.
Trending In: Sports
- It’s all in the hips: how to keep your golf swing loose this winter
- North Lake Tahoe’s Alpenglow Mountain Festival wraps this weekend
- Lake Tahoe backcountry skiing is skyrocketing in popularity — but is everyone prepared to make it out alive?
- Tahoe skiing: Top 5 picks for Learn to Ski and Snowboard Month deals
- From Soda Springs to Sochi and back
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Tahoe Top 5: What to keep in your car to ensure safety during winter storms
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues