Pretti, Hansen speed through West Region Junior Championships
April 3, 2013
Incline Village U16 skier Amanda Pretti traveled to Alyeska, Alaska, to compete in the Western Region Junior Championships along with 175 of the best skiers in the West from March 19-22.
Pretti did not come home empty-handed, as she finished seventh in the slalom and 38th in the giant slalom.
Racers at the Junior Championships represent the five divisions in the Western Region of the United States (Far West, Alaska, Northern, PNSA and Intermountain). The best racers from the states of Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, California, Nevada and Utah competed in this four-day event.
Incline’s Annika Hansen also had her best finish in the slalom, placing 22nd, while also finishing 41st in the super giant slalom.
The USSA alpine races are wrapping up in the Tahoe Basin as the snow continues to melt. The Far West slalom finals will be held at Heavenly on April 9 and 10, and the giant slalom finals have been moved from the Tahoe Basin to Mammoth Mountain on April 18 and 19. Tune in to the results live on http://www.live-timing.com.
Trending In: Sports
- Tahoe hiking: 6 must-see spots to enjoy autumn colors around the lake
- U.S. Ski Team’s Tim Jitloff, a Truckee native, talks life on and off the slopes
- Truckee prep roundup: Haas first Wolverine to win boys tennis state title
- Truckee football: ‘We’re very proud of our guys’ following high-stakes rivalry win
- North Tahoe football: Lakers put ‘Hurt’ on Silver Stage in 34-0 rout
- North Tahoe Mellow Fellow closes after property’s foreclosure
- Lake Tahoe resort to open ski-in, ski-out coworking space
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Squaw development: Little progress made on Attorney General’s concerns
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump