Pretti, Hansen speed through West Region Junior Championships
April 3, 2013
Incline Village U16 skier Amanda Pretti traveled to Alyeska, Alaska, to compete in the Western Region Junior Championships along with 175 of the best skiers in the West from March 19-22.
Pretti did not come home empty-handed, as she finished seventh in the slalom and 38th in the giant slalom.
Racers at the Junior Championships represent the five divisions in the Western Region of the United States (Far West, Alaska, Northern, PNSA and Intermountain). The best racers from the states of Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, California, Nevada and Utah competed in this four-day event.
Incline's Annika Hansen also had her best finish in the slalom, placing 22nd, while also finishing 41st in the super giant slalom.
The USSA alpine races are wrapping up in the Tahoe Basin as the snow continues to melt. The Far West slalom finals will be held at Heavenly on April 9 and 10, and the giant slalom finals have been moved from the Tahoe Basin to Mammoth Mountain on April 18 and 19. Tune in to the results live on http://www.live-timing.com.
Trending In: Sports
- Explore Tahoe: From yoga to skiing, Feb. 18-16 winter mountain fest has it all
- Lake Tahoe backcountry skiing is skyrocketing in popularity — but is everyone prepared to make it out alive?
- Death Ride doesn’t live up to name
- Truckee Raptors youth basketball team crowned champs
- Prep Nordic racing: Season concludes with CNISSF state championships
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week
- Teen skiers mourned: two skiers killed in avalanche remembered
- Lake Tahoe weather: Progress being made on widespread power outages
- Official: Fixing Tahoe transit key to limiting tension between locals, tourists
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage