Rahlves’ Banzai Tour to kick off at Squaw Valley
February 11, 2014
The Rahlves’ Banzai Tour schedule was altered slightly due to the slow start to the winter, now kicking off at Squaw Valley on Feb. 15-16.
The tour was originally slated to begin at Kirkwood on Feb. 8-9.
“I feel confident that winter will return to the Tahoe Basin and the Banzai Tour at Kirkwood Mountain Resort will be all time,” Rahlves said.
After the Squaw Valley stop, the four-stop event follows with the “Wall Banzai” at Kirkwood on Feb. 22-23. It then swings through Alpine Meadows on March 8-9 and concludes at the place where it started, Sugar Bowl, on March 15-16.
The Rahlves’ Banzai Tour combines the Olympic events of ski cross and snowboard cross with big-mountain riding, sending athletes down courses of natural terrain in four-person heats.
For more information about the tour, go to http://www.rahlvesbanzai.com.
Trending In: Sports
- Explore Tahoe: From yoga to skiing, Feb. 18-16 winter mountain fest has it all
- Achieve Tahoe celebrates 50 years changing lives through passion for the outdoors
- Homecoming football preview: Damonte Ranch at Truckee
- Death Ride doesn’t live up to name
- Fat-bottom whirls: Try out a fat bike for a new form of Tahoe-Truckee snow fun
- It’s gonna be huge: Lake Tahoe ski resorts look to trump weather issues in time for busy Presidents Day weekend
- Lake Tahoe weather: Foot or more of snow possible Friday; then more rain
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Bet your ‘glasses’ – first-of-its-kind wine bar debuts in Incline Village
- Lake Tahoe has seen 138.65 billion gallons of water since October