Semmens leads Lakers at Carson Valley
April 30, 2013
The North Tahoe golf team finished second in a Northern Division III tournament at Carson Valley Golf Course last Wednesday.
Led by senior Trevor Semmens, the Lakers posted a team score of 442 between their top five golfers. Incline won with a low score of 411, while Whittell was third at 463 and Sierra Lutheran fourth at 474. Yerington, Sage Ridge and Mineral County did not have complete teams.
Semmens fired an 83 to finish fourth individually. Riley McGuire McCarthy tied for seventh overall with an 87, while Buster Fenley was ninth with an 88, Patrick McCauley tied for 10th with an 89 and Rob Grimes tied for 18th with a 95.
Incline golfers finished 1-2-3, with Mitchell Cornell earning tournament medalist honors with a 1-under-par 71. Dylan Smith was second with a 79 and Bryan Golombik was third with an 81.
Trending In: Sports
- Tahoe hiking: 6 must-see spots to enjoy autumn colors around the lake
- U.S. Ski Team’s Tim Jitloff, a Truckee native, talks life on and off the slopes
- Truckee prep roundup: Haas first Wolverine to win boys tennis state title
- Truckee football: ‘We’re very proud of our guys’ following high-stakes rivalry win
- North Tahoe football: Lakers put ‘Hurt’ on Silver Stage in 34-0 rout
- North Tahoe Mellow Fellow closes after property’s foreclosure
- Lake Tahoe resort to open ski-in, ski-out coworking space
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Squaw development: Little progress made on Attorney General’s concerns
- What Reno airport’s recent growth means for North Tahoe-Truckee