Solid turnout for Run to the Beach
July 9, 2015
Nearly 200 people participated in the Run to the Beach races in Tahoe Vista on the Fourth of July.
The event, which began at North Tahoe Regional Park and ended at the Tahoe Vista Recreation Area beach, featured a 5K and a 10K run. A total of 196 people raced, with 129 taking on the 5K and 67 running the 10K.
Thaddeus Reichley, 41, of San Anselmo, Calif., raced to victory in the 10K, posting a time of 39:16.07.
Reichley was followed by Mike McClure, 30, of Los Altos Hills and Kristin Walstad, 43, of Alta, who was the top woman and third overall in 40:28.23.
Lindsay Stevens of Highlands Ranch, Colo., placed second in the women's field and fourth overall (42:11.54), and Truckee's Holden Reed was fifth (42:18.63). Danielle Brooks of Carnelian Bay finished 12th overall (48:47.09).
In the 5K, Jeff Limpert, 39, of Reno took the win with a time of 19:02.14, and Reno's Taylor Samuels finished runner-up in 20:45.14.
Kristen Martin Del Campo of Kings Beach placed third overall and first among women, crossing the finish in 22:45.58. Amanda Wentz of Truckee was eighth overall and the third woman (24:09.27).
Run to the Beach was the fifth event of 12 in Big Blue Adventure's Tahoe Trail Running Series. The series continues with the Northstar Mountain Run on Aug. 9, the Big Blue Trail Run on Aug. 15 and the Marlette 50K and 10-Miler on Aug. 16. Find a full schedule of events at http://www.tahoetrailrunning.com.
Photo galleries from all Big Blue Adventure races are available at http://www.lefrakphotography.com/.
Trending In: Sports
- Tahoe skier Lila Lapanja on World Cup: ‘Smiling is my antidote to negativity’
- Explore Tahoe: Area fishing charters provide fun, successful excursions
- Tahoe skiing: Final Junior Freeride tour hits Mt. Rose this weekend
- Boarding for Breast Cancer event at Sugar Bowl raises over $8,000
- Tahoe-Truckee biking: Nonprofit seeks proposals for region-wide map
- What’s the story behind Truckee’s West River Street cottages?
- Lake Tahoe weather: Foot of snow possible at high elevations Friday
- North Tahoe crime logs: Screwdriver-wielding man threatens retail shop staff
- Truckee Police Logs: 2 arrests in 2 days for meth possession
- Lake Tahoe weather: 10-20 inches of snow forecast by Wednesday up top