Sugar Bowl to host second stop of Tahoe Junior Freeride Series
March 4, 2014
The Tahoe Junior Freeride Series will return to Sugar Bowl this Saturday and Sunday, March 8 and 9, for the second stop of the 2014 season.
Approximately 120 of the region's best junior freeriders will test their skills on Mount Disney during the finals of the Sugar Bowl portion of the competition.
The big-mountain competition challenges skiers and riders under the age of 18 in five judged categories, including line, control, technique, fluidity and overall impression.
The event is sanctioned by the International Freeskiers and Snowboarders Association (IFSA) and awards competitors with points that count toward their national ranking.
Top-ranked competitors qualify for the North American Championships in April at Snowbird Resort in Utah. Competition will begin at 10 a.m. both days. Spectators can watch the competition venue from a number of locations around Sugar Bowl, including the deck at the historic Sugar Bowl Resort lodge and hotel.
For more information on the series, visit http://www.tahoejuniorfreerideseries.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Vonn feels focused heading into ski season
- Nevada Wolf Pack faces similar foe in Davidson
- Truckee volleyball finishes year with highest GPA in the state
- With new snow, Arapahoe Basin, Breckenridge, Keystone and Copper all open additional terrain
- Truckee Tahoe ski resorts opening for 2017-18 season (updated)
- New mountain community under construction in Carson Ridge
- New possible grocery store for Truckee
- Martis Valley West battle heats up
- SnowSport Safety Foundation releases safety report card; California ski industry dismisses report
- Carousel Estate on Lake Tahoe West Shore on market for $29.5 million (video)