Sugar Bowl to host second stop of Tahoe Junior Freeride Series
March 4, 2014
The Tahoe Junior Freeride Series will return to Sugar Bowl this Saturday and Sunday, March 8 and 9, for the second stop of the 2014 season.
Approximately 120 of the region’s best junior freeriders will test their skills on Mount Disney during the finals of the Sugar Bowl portion of the competition.
The big-mountain competition challenges skiers and riders under the age of 18 in five judged categories, including line, control, technique, fluidity and overall impression.
The event is sanctioned by the International Freeskiers and Snowboarders Association (IFSA) and awards competitors with points that count toward their national ranking.
Top-ranked competitors qualify for the North American Championships in April at Snowbird Resort in Utah. Competition will begin at 10 a.m. both days. Spectators can watch the competition venue from a number of locations around Sugar Bowl, including the deck at the historic Sugar Bowl Resort lodge and hotel.
For more information on the series, visit http://www.tahoejuniorfreerideseries.com.
Trending In: Sports
- VIDEO: Tahoe native, U.S. Ski Team’s Lila Lapanja returning to form
- Tahoe skiing: Downhill resorts offer up new features for the 2016-17 season
- IVGID Tip: Up your game for Lake Tahoe’s ski slopes
- Tahoe athletes: Josh Daiek thunders into the professional freeskiing scene
- Lake Tahoe backcountry skiing is skyrocketing in popularity — but is everyone prepared to make it out alive?
- Details unclear after apparent crime at Truckee Bank of America
- ‘Ninja road stars’ piercing tires in South Lake Tahoe (photos)
- E. coli, coliform bacteria found in Squaw Valley drinking water at upper mountain
- Truckee Police Logs: Man walks into store, nabs jacket, sunglasses
- Truckee CHP: Man stowed 64 pounds of pot in car’s fuel cell