Tahoe-Truckee sports briefs: Far West convention coming to Squaw Valley
October 25, 2016
The annual Far West Fall Convention will be held Nov. 4-6 at Squaw Valley. The three-day event is an opportunity for ski coaches, athletes, parents and officials to come together as they prepare for the upcoming ski season.
Attendees will learn about ski racing skills and how to become an official as well as receive updates from Far West, Western Region and USSA for the 20016-17 season.
For more information and registration, visit fwskiing.org/content/far-west-fall-convention.
Boys & Girls Club winter league registration
Registration for winter sports leagues at the Boys & Girls Club of North Lake Tahoe is open. The Club is accepting registration for the 2016-2017 Futsal and Basketball seasons, as well as applications for our Powder Hounds Ski & Snowboard program. All participants must be members of the Boys & Girls Club of North Lake Tahoe.
The Boys & Girls Club basketball league is offered to girls and boys in 3rd through 6th grade. The futsal league is offered to boys and girls in 1st through 8th grade. Registration for basketball and futsal closes on Nov. 18, 2016.
The Powder Hounds Ski & Snowboard program is offered to all Club members, kindergarten through 12th grade. Applications are due by Friday, Oct. 28.
Trending In: Sports
- Tahoe skier Lila Lapanja on World Cup: ‘Smiling is my antidote to negativity’
- Explore Tahoe: Area fishing charters provide fun, successful excursions
- Tahoe skiing: Final Junior Freeride tour hits Mt. Rose this weekend
- Boarding for Breast Cancer event at Sugar Bowl raises over $8,000
- Tahoe-Truckee biking: Nonprofit seeks proposals for region-wide map
- What’s the story behind Truckee’s West River Street cottages?
- Lake Tahoe weather: Foot of snow possible at high elevations Friday
- North Tahoe crime logs: Screwdriver-wielding man threatens retail shop staff
- Truckee Police Logs: 2 arrests in 2 days for meth possession
- Lake Tahoe weather: 10-20 inches of snow forecast by Wednesday up top