TRAINS Freestyle Contest returning to Alpine Meadows
April 19, 2013
Volkl Skis and Marker Bindings, in conjunction with the High Fives Foundation, will present TRAINS 2013 Freestyle Ski & Snowboard Contest at Alpine Meadows Ski Resort on Saturday from 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
The event will feature 30 world-class skiers and snowboarders. Athletes expected to participate include Nick Goepper, Parker White, Will Wesson, Chris Logan and Toby Miller.
"I'm stoked to come down from British Columbia to be a guest judge at the TRAINS Freestyle Contest," said High Fives Winter Empowerment Athlete Landon McGauley. "To be involved in the fundraiser that kick-started the High Fives Foundation is an honor and I look forward to seeing all of my friends in Lake Tahoe."
In addition to the action on the hill, TRAINS is an event that gives back. Winning athletes in the Best 540, Best Backflip and Best Switch Trick categories, along with the Best Team, donate their respective cash purses to charity. Winners in each category will choose to donate a cash purse of $5,000 to any of the following organizations: The Shane McConkey Foundation, The Flyin' Ryan Hawks Foundation, Ski D.U.C.K., The Sarah Burke Foundation or The Bob Woodruff Foundation.
"I love the progression of this unique event," said Chris Adams of Volkl Skis and Marker Bindings. "To see it morph into such a big spectacle from its meager roots is remarkable. The creativity and style that is on display from the talented field of athletes adds to the stoke. When you couple that with the amazing atmosphere in the spectator village, TRAINS adds up to an all-time awesome experience on snow."
Custom-made bigtruck brand hats, music from the Silver Boombox Thief, Jamie LaValle's chicken wings, food from the Full Belly Deli and Alpine Meadows, and a scenic spectating venue produced by Crux Events are staples of this event.
Recommended Stories For You
Watch the TRAINS 2012 video, produced by Shreddy Times, at http://www.vimeo.com/40676678.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Boreal Mountain Resort aims to ‘play forever’ with environmental initiative
- Tahoe Trail Running Series nearing conclusion
- Truckee boys and girls’ soccer undefeated in league play
- North Tahoe football falls 36-0 to West Wendover on homecoming
- Wolverines football honors former coach with 39-8 win against Lowry
- First snow of 2017-18 season falls in Squaw Valley, Truckee on Thursday, Sept. 21 (Video)
- One person killed in 16-vehicle crash Thursday on I-80
- Lack of inventory continues to drive higher price of homes in Nevada County
- Nevada County prosecutor: child sex suspect caught at airport
- Lake Tahoe weather: Lake wind advisory in effect today, snow still in forecast