Truckee basketball | Wolverines open 2-1 in Sutro Classic
December 10, 2013
The Truckee boys basketball team opened the season with two wins and a loss in the Sutro Classic tournament at Dayton this past weekend.
The Wolverines defeated Bishop 59-50 on Thursday and followed with a 58-44 win over ROP on Friday. They ended the tournament with a 56-49 loss to Bishop on Saturday.
Against ROP, freshman Donovan Braswell led the Rams with 27 points and nine rebounds. Montague Edwards added 10 points and 12 rebounds for ROP. No other stats were available from the tournament.
Truckee's boys and girls play at South Tahoe on Friday, girls at 6 p.m. and boys at 7:30. The Division I-A league game will be the first of the season for the Truckee girls, who will then host Division I McQueen on Saturday at 1 p.m. Both teams play at Sparks next Thursday.
Trending In: Sports
- North Lake Tahoe’s Alpenglow Mountain Festival wraps this weekend
- It’s all in the hips: how to keep your golf swing loose this winter
- Lake Tahoe backcountry skiing is skyrocketing in popularity — but is everyone prepared to make it out alive?
- Tahoe skiing: How to master (or, at least learn) new movements with the inside ski
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Squaw-Alpine staying open through Memorial Day, others extend spring skiing season
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues