Truckee cross-country: Girls claim 3rd, boys take 10th in Folsom
October 18, 2016
FOLSOM, Calif. — The Truckee High School cross-country squads raced well against large fields at the Bella Vista Invitational last Saturday in Folsom.
The girls varsity team finished in 3rd place in a field of 28 teams, losing only to Vista Del Lago (Folsom) and University City (San Diego). All five Truckee scorers placed in the top 50 finishers out of 226 runners: Carrie Bradley in 10th (19:50), Brenna Wapstra-Scott in 12th (20:07), Isabella Terrazas in 23rd (20:37), Claire Lang-Ree in 24th (20:40) and Syra Fillat in 47th (21:30).
The Truckee varsity boys team finished 10th in a field of 36 teams, comprised of over 300 runners. All five scorers finished in the top half of the field: Ian Smith in 39th (17:56), Calin Laine in 50th (18:11), Hudson Verbeck in 62nd (18:26), Ids Propstra in 80th (18:49) and KC Larkins in 138th (19:31).
The Wolverines have one more meet leading up to regionals at the end of the month, as they make their annual pilgrimage Southern California to the Mt. SAC Invitational, which is billed as the largest cross country meet in the world.
There are over 100 high school races held over a two-day period, with Truckee teams scheduled to race on Friday afternoon on the infamously hilly 2.93 mile course.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee High baseball team goes 2-2 to start season
- Explore Tahoe: Reach new heights with a North Shore snowmobile tour
- North Tahoe varsity boys golf win first league tourney
- Lake Tahoe backcountry skiing is skyrocketing in popularity — but is everyone prepared to make it out alive?
- Squaw Valley World Cup: 20,000 fans joined hundreds of volunteers in celebration
- What’s the story behind Truckee’s West River Street cottages?
- Lake Tahoe weather: 10-20 inches of snow forecast by Wednesday up top
- After 15 years of missed reviews, Truckee assessing Martis Valley Quarry
- Truckee ski-snowboard company launches Kickstarter campaign to expand
- $180,000 raised at Truckee-Tahoe humane society event at The Ritz