Truckee golf | Scibird tied for 4th in league
September 24, 2013
Four tournaments into the Division I-A girls golf season, Truckee's lone team member, freshman Sienna Scibird, is tied for fourth with an 87.3 average.
Scibird shot a 96 at Lowry this past Thursday and an 88 at Spring Creek on Wednesday, which was fifth best.
Lowry leads the team competition with a high score of 36 points to Elko's 31 and Fernley's 29. Spring Creek is fourth with 23, followed by South Tahoe (21), Fallon (16) and Dayton (12).
Scibird carded an 84 and 81 in the first two tournaments. Brittany Evans of Fernley leads the league with a low average of 78. Kaily Beatty of Elko is second with a 79 and Lowry's Alyssa Dendary is third with an 83.3. Scibird is tied with Spring Creek's Mikal Jerman.
The next tournament is Wednesday in Sparks, while Truckee is scheduled to host a tournament at Ponderosa Golf Course on Thursday starting at 9 a.m.
Trending In: Sports
- Tahoe-Truckee biking: Nonprofit seeks proposals for region-wide map
- Explore Tahoe: Area fishing charters provide fun, successful excursions
- Tahoe skier Lila Lapanja on World Cup: ‘Smiling is my antidote to negativity’
- Truckee High School track teams excel at Fallon meet
- Lake Tahoe backcountry skiing is skyrocketing in popularity — but is everyone prepared to make it out alive?
- Tahoe Chief’s Corner: Too much snow can destroy your home
- Opinion: High-speed bikers making Truckee River Legacy Trail unsafe
- Fresno man killed after falling from Lake Tahoe casino
- Reno-Tahoe International Airport unveils first update of new master plan
- Bear activity picking up around Lake Tahoe; people urged to be ‘bear aware’