Truckee golf | Scibird tied for 4th in league
September 24, 2013
Four tournaments into the Division I-A girls golf season, Truckee’s lone team member, freshman Sienna Scibird, is tied for fourth with an 87.3 average.
Scibird shot a 96 at Lowry this past Thursday and an 88 at Spring Creek on Wednesday, which was fifth best.
Lowry leads the team competition with a high score of 36 points to Elko’s 31 and Fernley’s 29. Spring Creek is fourth with 23, followed by South Tahoe (21), Fallon (16) and Dayton (12).
Scibird carded an 84 and 81 in the first two tournaments. Brittany Evans of Fernley leads the league with a low average of 78. Kaily Beatty of Elko is second with a 79 and Lowry’s Alyssa Dendary is third with an 83.3. Scibird is tied with Spring Creek’s Mikal Jerman.
The next tournament is Wednesday in Sparks, while Truckee is scheduled to host a tournament at Ponderosa Golf Course on Thursday starting at 9 a.m.
Trending In: Sports
- Tahoe hiking: 6 must-see spots to enjoy autumn colors around the lake
- U.S. Ski Team’s Tim Jitloff, a Truckee native, talks life on and off the slopes
- Truckee prep roundup: Haas first Wolverine to win boys tennis state title
- Truckee football: ‘We’re very proud of our guys’ following high-stakes rivalry win
- North Tahoe football: Lakers put ‘Hurt’ on Silver Stage in 34-0 rout
- North Tahoe Mellow Fellow closes after property’s foreclosure
- Lake Tahoe resort to open ski-in, ski-out coworking space
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Squaw development: Little progress made on Attorney General’s concerns
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump