Truckee golf | Scibird tied for 4th in league
Ryan Summerlin September 24, 2013
Four tournaments into the Division I-A girls golf season, Truckee’s lone team member, freshman Sienna Scibird, is tied for fourth with an 87.3 average.
Scibird shot a 96 at Lowry this past Thursday and an 88 at Spring Creek on Wednesday, which was fifth best.
Lowry leads the team competition with a high score of 36 points to Elko’s 31 and Fernley’s 29. Spring Creek is fourth with 23, followed by South Tahoe (21), Fallon (16) and Dayton (12).
Scibird carded an 84 and 81 in the first two tournaments. Brittany Evans of Fernley leads the league with a low average of 78. Kaily Beatty of Elko is second with a 79 and Lowry’s Alyssa Dendary is third with an 83.3. Scibird is tied with Spring Creek’s Mikal Jerman.
The next tournament is Wednesday in Sparks, while Truckee is scheduled to host a tournament at Ponderosa Golf Course on Thursday starting at 9 a.m.
Trending In: Sports
- PHOTOS: Marco Capelli wins inaugural Truckee Marathon
- Truckee football focus: ‘Let’s be the most physical football team on the field’
- North Tahoe football: Mercogliano’s 696 all-purpose yards lead way in homecoming rout
- Take a hike: Scenic jaunt to Lake Margaret well worth the work (video)
- Truckee JV Pop Warner football team improves to 1-1 with win over Sparks