Truckee grad Morgan Nevin named All-State at Santa Barbara
March 12, 2013
Santa Barbara City College linebacker and Truckee High grad Morgan Nevin was recently selected to the All-State Region 5 football squad.
Along with Nevin, offensive tackle Wade Norberg from South Tahoe also was named to the All-State team.
Nevin, a 6-0 freshman and key member of Truckee’s 2009 and 2010 state championship teams, was the top tackler in Southern California, averaging 11.8 per game for the SBCC Vaqueros. Nevin had 45 solo tackles and 15 for loss.
He recorded 11 or more tackles in seven of his 10 games with a season-high of 17 in the Aug. 31 opener versus Hancock.
“Morgan is a very good tackler who runs well,” said fifth-year SBCC head coach Craig Moropoulos. “We knew he had the capabilities. He’s got a great work ethic and that helped him have a great freshman year.”
Norberg is a 6-6, 211-pound sophomore and two-year starter for the Vaqueros.
“He’s a technician who’s very smart, very coachable and has a great work ethic,” Moropoulos said. “That helps him make up for that fact that he’s not as big as some linemen.
“Getting two guys on the all-state team is a good accomplishment. They were both unanimous choices on the all-conference team. It’s always nice to see young people recognized for their hard work and commitment.”
The Vaqueros went 4-6 this past season.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee prep roundup: Wolverines cruise in volleyball, girls soccer
- Truckee football: Wolverines primed for clash with rival South Tahoe
- North Tahoe football: Mercogliano, Lakers sneak past Yerington JV
- Incline prep roundup: Boys, girls soccer fall short to North Tahoe
- North Tahoe prep roundup: Laker boys soccer thumps Fallon 17-1
- Pilot found dead in plane wreckage west of Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: 6 inches of snow reported at high elevations Monday
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Woman on vacation from Taiwan killed in Lake Tahoe wreck