Truckee Running Festival draws 300-plus entrants
June 18, 2013
More than 300 runners, big and small, competed in the Big Blue Adventure Truckee Running Festival on a beautiful Saturday at Riverview Sports Park recently.
The Tahoe Trail Running Series event featured three different trail distances: 5K, 10K and a half-marathon, as well as kids races for the tikes.
Noah Brautigam, 24, of Truckee captured the win among 62 runners in the half-marathon, posting a time of 1 hour, 25 minutes, 30 seconds. Kristin Walstad, 40, of Alta was second overall and first among women in 1:36:28, and Matt Dolan of Fallon was third in 1:37:30.
Incline’s Bradley Haag finished fifth overall in 1:41:41, Truckee’s Jim Telling was sixth in 1:41:56, and Truckee’s Nicholas Martin was seventh in 1:42:16.
In the women’s field, Alison McEnany of Truckee was second while placing 14th overall in 1:53:22, and Nicole Levi of San Francisco was third among women and 15th overall a fraction of a second behind.
Truckee runners swept the top three of the 10K, with Andrew Guldman, 46, taking the win in a field of 50 runners in a time of 42:38. Whitney Hawkins took the women’s win and finished second overall in 44:34, and Jesse Stocking was third overall in 45:31. They were followed by David Simon of Incline Village, who finished fourth in 46:53.
A total of 183 runners participated in the Girls on the Run 5K race.
John Couillard, 32, of Orangevale won the race in a time of 19:37, Herve Pastre of Nevada City was second in 21:36 and Marta Larsen of Salt Lake City was the first woman and third overall in 22:14.
Ten-year-old Morgan Just of Truckee took second among women and fourth overall in 22:59, Michelle Johnson of Truckee was eighth overall in 25:40, Molly Schildhause of Olympic Valley was ninth overall in 26:26, and Monty Waugh of Truckee was 10th in 26:47.
The Girls on the Run 5K race served as a fundraiser for Girls on the Run Sierras. Joining in the fundraiser, Lefrak Photography will donate 50 percent of all 5K photo purchases to Girls on the Run Sierras. Find the photos from the race at http://www.lefrakphotography.com/Running/Big-Blue-Adventure.
Next up in Big Blue Adventure’s Tahoe Trail Running Series is the Burton Creek Trail Run on Sunday, June 23.
Trending In: Sports
- VIDEO: Tahoe native, U.S. Ski Team’s Lila Lapanja returning to form
- Tahoe skiing: Downhill resorts offer up new features for the 2016-17 season
- IVGID Tip: Up your game for Lake Tahoe’s ski slopes
- Tahoe athletes: Josh Daiek thunders into the professional freeskiing scene
- Lake Tahoe backcountry skiing is skyrocketing in popularity — but is everyone prepared to make it out alive?
- E. coli, coliform bacteria found in Squaw Valley drinking water at upper mountain
- Truckee Police Logs: Man walks into store, nabs jacket, sunglasses
- ‘Ninja road stars’ piercing tires in South Lake Tahoe (photos)
- Truckee CHP: Man stowed 64 pounds of pot in car’s fuel cell
- Restoration group forms to improve Lake Tahoe’s West Shore