Truckee soccer | Boys, girls thump Vaqueros
October 3, 2013
The Wolverines both routed Fernley in Division I-A soccer games Tuesday, the girls by a score of 7-0 at home and the boys 9-0 on the road.
In the boys game, senior Rolando Zarate opened the scoring in the third minute with the first of his two goals on the day, assisted by Thomas Arnstein. Manuel Sarabia followed three minutes later off an assist from Nathan Ariza for a quick 2-0 lead.
Arnstein scored the first of his two goals in the 21st minute, assisted by Sarabia, while Alex Colomenares gave Truckee a 4-0 lead in the 36th minute.
The Wolverines matched their first-half performance after the break, as Ariza got on the board with a goal assisted by Arnstein just seven minutes in. Zarate scored unassisted in the 49th minute, Arnstein added a goal a minute later, assisted by Zack Barta, and Colomenares ended the scoring with a goal assisted by Leo Villa in the 68th minute.
Truckee improved to 6-0-1 in league and Fernley fell to 0-7.
The Truckee girls also led 4-0 by half, although they needed a little time to heat up.
Junior Lynde Tucker was the first of seven different Truckee players to score, as she put in indirect corner kick in the 22nd minute. Kayla Redner scored off an assist from Kaylee Neill in the 26th minute, Nichole Graham scored unassisted in the 32nd minute and Sophie Warren scored a header goal off of a cross from Tucker in the 35th.
In the second half, Marcelle Reynaud scored a goal assisted by Neill about 12 minutes in. Cassandra Sawyer put in a goal assisted by Redner in the 50th minute, and Quinn Parker wrapped up the scoring in the 76th minute, assisted by Daisy Rivera.
Truckee improved to 6-1 in league and Fernley dropped to 2-5.
Against North Tahoe on Monday, Reynaud scored two goals and Neill one in the 3-0 win.
The Truckee girls play at Fallon on Friday while the boys host Fallon on Friday at 4 p.m.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee football: Wolverines primed for clash with rival South Tahoe
- North Tahoe football: Mercogliano, Lakers sneak past Yerington JV
- Incline prep roundup: Boys, girls soccer fall short to North Tahoe
- Truckee prep roundup: Wolverines cruise in volleyball, girls soccer
- Truckee cross-country: Girls claim 3rd, boys take 10th in Folsom
- Truckee football: Wolverines top South Tahoe 21-20 in Sierra Bowl
- North Tahoe crime logs: ‘Slobbering’ man dislocates cop’s shoulder
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Election 2016: Truckee Tahoe Airport District — read 4 candidate statements
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens