Truckee soccer | Girls edge Fallon in playoff preview
November 5, 2013
The Truckee girls treated home fans to a 2-0 win over Fallon to conclude the regular season at Surprise Stadium on Monday.
After a stalemate of a start on the chilly afternoon, junior Lynde Tucker and senior Quinn Parker scored a goal apiece to lift the Wolverines to victory.
The matchup served as a playoff preview, as the second-seeded Wolverines (13-2-1) and third-seeded Greenwave (11-3-2) are set to square off in the semifinal round of the Northern Division I-A regional tournament at Fallon on Friday at 3 p.m.
Had Fallon won Monday — a makeup game from last week — the teams would have swapped seeds. Truckee and Fallon tied 0-0 at Fallon on Oct. 4.
The loser between the two on Friday is eliminated from the playoffs, while the winner secures a state berth and advances to the regional final Saturday at 10 a.m.
Top-seeded South Tahoe (13-1-2), whose only league loss came against Truckee, will face fourth-seeded Elko (10-4-2) in the other semifinal Friday at 1 p.m.
Trending In: Sports
- Explore Tahoe: From yoga to skiing, Feb. 18-16 winter mountain fest has it all
- Lake Tahoe backcountry skiing is skyrocketing in popularity — but is everyone prepared to make it out alive?
- Death Ride doesn’t live up to name
- Fat-bottom whirls: Try out a fat bike for a new form of Tahoe-Truckee snow fun
- Achieve Tahoe celebrates 50 years changing lives through passion for the outdoors
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week
- Lake Tahoe weather: Foot or more of snow possible Friday; then more rain
- It’s gonna be huge: Lake Tahoe ski resorts look to trump weather issues in time for busy Presidents Day weekend
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Bet your ‘glasses’ – first-of-its-kind wine bar debuts in Incline Village