Truckee soccer | Girls shut out Sparks on road
September 24, 2013
The Truckee girls soccer team improved to 3-1 in Northern Division I-A league play with a 5-0 win at Sparks on Friday.
Truckee started out slowly, scoring just once in the first half to carry a 1-0 lead into the break.
The Wolverines heated up in the second half, however, scoring four goals to seal the win.
Senior Kaylee "Ned" Neill scored two of the five goals, while Marcelle Reynaud, Emma Warren and Nichole Graham score a goal apiece. Reynaud, Daisy Rivera and Claire Roberts all had assists.
Truckee's girls host Elko on Friday at 5 p.m. and Spring Creek on Saturday at 1 p.m.
Trending In: Sports
- It’s all in the hips: how to keep your golf swing loose this winter
- North Lake Tahoe’s Alpenglow Mountain Festival wraps this weekend
- Lake Tahoe backcountry skiing is skyrocketing in popularity — but is everyone prepared to make it out alive?
- From Soda Springs to Sochi and back
- Incline football: Highlanders stomp Silver Stage, end season on high note
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Tahoe Top 5: What to keep in your car to ensure safety during winter storms
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues