Truckee soccer | JV girls cap undefeated season
November 13, 2013
The Truckee girls junior varsity soccer team wrapped up its undefeated season with a 12-0 win over Fallon on Monday.
Truckee came out strong, as Brenna Wapstra-Scott scored the first goal in the eighth minute off an assist by Natalie Seelenfreund. Shortly after, Zareli Villa scored off an assist from Chase Rosellen.
After that the game moved to a series of precision passing. In the 37th minute, Lydia Christian added to the lead thanks to an assist from Natalie Seelenfreund.
At this point the girls were having fun, and it became a game of assists by Nikki Harris, Ella Barzel, Mia Winans and Jennifer Martinez. Christian found the back of the net three more times, while Jennifer Martinez and Chase Rosellen also added goals.
The Wolverines scored a total of 99 goals this season. Top scorers on the were Villa with 15 goals, Christian with 13 goals and Harris with 10 goals.
Rosellen scored eight goals, Brenna Wapstra-Scott scored seven goals, Corrine Doerner, Natalie Seelenfreund and Marley Simpson all scored six goals each, and Jennifer Martinez and Evelyn Peña each scored five.
Chloe Murphy, Sophie Warren and Mia Winans finished with four goals, Ella Barzel scored three, and Kayla Redner, Heather Pendelton and Marlena Montano each scored one.
Maddie Monson anchored the defense and goalie Lexie Smith let only two balls past her all season.
The team was coached by Travis Spencer.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee football: Wolverines primed for clash with rival South Tahoe
- Truckee prep roundup: Wolverines cruise in volleyball, girls soccer
- Incline prep roundup: Boys, girls soccer fall short to North Tahoe
- Truckee cross-country: Girls claim 3rd, boys take 10th in Folsom
- North Tahoe football: Mercogliano, Lakers sneak past Yerington JV
- North Tahoe crime logs: ‘Slobbering’ man dislocates cop’s shoulder
- Poo problems: Tahoe Donner resident proposes solution for dog waste
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- Jim Porter: Voting recommendations for November 8, part one (opinion)