Truckee softball players named to All-League
Ryan Summerlin June 5, 2013
A total of five Truckee softball players were honored with selections to the Mount Rose All-League team.
Sophomore pitcher Sylvia Soto and freshman middle infielder Katie Fisher were voted to the second team, while Diana Rosas, Karina Nienez and Addela Ortiz received honorable mention recognition.
The awards were voted on by coaches within the mixed-division Mount Rose League, which includes Division I-A and Division III schools around the lake (plus Sparks).
Both the DI-A and the DIII honored their own separate first teams. The second teams and honorable mention combined both leagues.
Frank Avilla of Sparks was voted DI-A Coach of the Year and Riley Regas of Sparks was MVP.
In the DIII, Incline’s Kelley Thompson was voted Coach of the Year. Brianna Brewer of Whittell was MVP.
North Tahoe’s softball team disbanded early in the season due to a lack of players.
In DI-A All-State voting, meanwhile, Diane Chapin of Fernley was Coach of the Year. No Truckee players made All-State.
A complete list of All-League baseball selections has not been received.
Trending In: Sports
- PHOTOS: Marco Capelli wins inaugural Truckee Marathon
- Truckee football focus: ‘Let’s be the most physical football team on the field’
- North Tahoe football: Mercogliano’s 696 all-purpose yards lead way in homecoming rout
- Truckee JV Pop Warner football team improves to 1-1 with win over Sparks
- Truckee prep roundup: Girls soccer stays unbeaten after wins over South Tahoe, Incline