Truckee softball players named to All-League
June 5, 2013
A total of five Truckee softball players were honored with selections to the Mount Rose All-League team.
Sophomore pitcher Sylvia Soto and freshman middle infielder Katie Fisher were voted to the second team, while Diana Rosas, Karina Nienez and Addela Ortiz received honorable mention recognition.
The awards were voted on by coaches within the mixed-division Mount Rose League, which includes Division I-A and Division III schools around the lake (plus Sparks).
Both the DI-A and the DIII honored their own separate first teams. The second teams and honorable mention combined both leagues.
Frank Avilla of Sparks was voted DI-A Coach of the Year and Riley Regas of Sparks was MVP.
In the DIII, Incline’s Kelley Thompson was voted Coach of the Year. Brianna Brewer of Whittell was MVP.
North Tahoe’s softball team disbanded early in the season due to a lack of players.
In DI-A All-State voting, meanwhile, Diane Chapin of Fernley was Coach of the Year. No Truckee players made All-State.
A complete list of All-League baseball selections has not been received.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee prep roundup: Wolverines cruise in volleyball, girls soccer
- Truckee football: Wolverines primed for clash with rival South Tahoe
- North Tahoe football: Mercogliano, Lakers sneak past Yerington JV
- Incline prep roundup: Boys, girls soccer fall short to North Tahoe
- North Tahoe prep roundup: Laker boys soccer thumps Fallon 17-1
- Pilot found dead in plane wreckage west of Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: 6 inches of snow reported at high elevations Monday
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Woman on vacation from Taiwan killed in Lake Tahoe wreck