Truckee softball players named to All-League
June 5, 2013
A total of five Truckee softball players were honored with selections to the Mount Rose All-League team.
Sophomore pitcher Sylvia Soto and freshman middle infielder Katie Fisher were voted to the second team, while Diana Rosas, Karina Nienez and Addela Ortiz received honorable mention recognition.
The awards were voted on by coaches within the mixed-division Mount Rose League, which includes Division I-A and Division III schools around the lake (plus Sparks).
Both the DI-A and the DIII honored their own separate first teams. The second teams and honorable mention combined both leagues.
Frank Avilla of Sparks was voted DI-A Coach of the Year and Riley Regas of Sparks was MVP.
In the DIII, Incline’s Kelley Thompson was voted Coach of the Year. Brianna Brewer of Whittell was MVP.
North Tahoe’s softball team disbanded early in the season due to a lack of players.
In DI-A All-State voting, meanwhile, Diane Chapin of Fernley was Coach of the Year. No Truckee players made All-State.
A complete list of All-League baseball selections has not been received.
Trending In: Sports
- Explore Tahoe: From yoga to skiing, Feb. 18-16 winter mountain fest has it all
- Death Ride doesn’t live up to name
- Fat-bottom whirls: Try out a fat bike for a new form of Tahoe-Truckee snow fun
- Lake Tahoe backcountry skiing is skyrocketing in popularity — but is everyone prepared to make it out alive?
- Achieve Tahoe celebrates 50 years changing lives through passion for the outdoors
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week
- Lake Tahoe weather: Foot or more of snow possible Friday; then more rain
- It’s gonna be huge: Lake Tahoe ski resorts look to trump weather issues in time for busy Presidents Day weekend
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Bet your ‘glasses’ – first-of-its-kind wine bar debuts in Incline Village