Truckee softball | Vikings sweep makeup series
May 8, 2014
The Truckee softball team came up a run short in two of its three games in a makeup series against South Tahoe on Monday and Wednesday.
After being edged 7-6 on Monday, the Wolverines came back to knot the score at 10-10 late in Game 1 of Wednesday’s doubleheader. But the visiting Vikings eked out the 11-10 win, then completed the series sweep with an 11-1 win in Game 2.
“(It was) a great effort by all players involved,” said Truckee coach Chris Simpson. “We as a team have been talking about two things specifically we can control, attitude and effort. Truckee showed great attitude and 110 percent effort.”
Simpson said he and his coaching staff look forward to a successful season next year as the Wolverines continue to rebuild their program.
“All of the coaches are very proud of each and every player never giving up,” he said. “Truckee has come along way this season. I think we surprised the opposition each week with our determination.”
Truckee, which graduates seven seniors but returns eight players, will end the season with a three-game home series against Fernley on Friday (3 p.m.) and Saturday (11 a.m., 1 p.m.).
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee football: Wolverines primed for clash with rival South Tahoe
- Truckee prep roundup: Wolverines cruise in volleyball, girls soccer
- Incline prep roundup: Boys, girls soccer fall short to North Tahoe
- North Tahoe football: Mercogliano, Lakers sneak past Yerington JV
- North Tahoe prep roundup: Laker boys soccer thumps Fallon 17-1
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- North Tahoe crime logs: ‘Slobbering’ man dislocates cop’s shoulder
- Jim Porter: Voting recommendations for November 8, part one (opinion)
- Pilot found dead in plane wreckage west of Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe skiing: Try these tips on how to train early and smart for winter sports