Truckee swimming | Wolverines dominate Zephyr League Championship
May 13, 2013
TRUCKEE TOP-10 FINISHES
Alex Straw: 1st place 200 IM and 100 breastroke
Marcus Rodarte: 2nd 200 IM and 1st 100 backstroke
Kaleb Rodarte: 3rd 200 IM and 1st 100 butterfly
Sam Roberston: 3rd 500 free and 100 fly
Jake Hamilton: 2nd 200 and 500 free
Devon Kim: 3rd 100 free and 5th 50 free
Jasper Fields: 8th 50 free and 6th 100 free
Nick England: 8th 100 backstroke
Bayley Sonder: 5th 100 free
Max Ingalls: 10th 100 free
Nicole Shacter: 9th 200 free and 6th 500 free
Brittany Percin: 1st 200 free and 2nd 50 free
Niki Kates 5th 200 IM and 1st 100 back
Brittney Straw: 1st 200 IM and 100 breastroke
Ingrid Suter: 3rd 200 IM and 2nd 100 breastroke
Amanda Novick: 4th 200 IM and 3rd 100 freestyle
Kyla Burrill: 4th 100 fly and 500 free
Natasha Krider: 10th 100 free and 7th 100 breast
For the first time in Truckee High swimming history, both the men’s and women’s team earned themselves first place in the Zephyr League Championships.
The men’s team beat Reed High School by more than 30 points, while the girls pushed past Bishop Manogue by 40.
Between both their men’s and women’s squads, the Wolverines also easily took the combined win with a total team score of 756 points to runner-up South Tahoe’s 622. Reed was third with 593, followed by Bishop Manogue (516), Fallon (446), Wooster (407) and Lowry (272).
The women’s 200 freestyle and 200 medley relay took first place (Brittany Percin, Niki Kates, Kyla Burrill, Ingrid Suter, Amanda Novick, Brittney Straw) and third in the 400 freestyle relay (Novick, Kates, Straw, Burrill).
The men’s team dominated every relay, placing first in both the 200 and 400 freestyle and the 200 medley relays (Alex Straw, Kaleb Rodarte, Marcus Rodarte, Jake Hamilton, Nick England, Devon Kim, Bayley Sonder, Sam Roberston).
The men’s relay sweep marked another first in Truckee swimming history.
Individually, each member swam best times. Nicole Shacter picked up a new regional cut, dropped four seconds, and placed ninth in the 200 freestyle.
Both Bayley Sonder and Max Ingalls placed in the 200 freestyle, earning the team more than 30 points. Sonder picked up a regional cut in the 200 freestyle and dropped a chunk of time.
Also earning the points in the 50 free was Sarah Manthorpe, Jessenia, Urena and Lorena DeMichelle, who combined to score more than 10 points for the team.
Jasper Fields, Jake Deis and Nick England also helped push the men to victory, totaling more than 30 points in the 50 free.
In all, the Wolverines earned more than 30 top-10 finishes.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee football: Wolverines primed for clash with rival South Tahoe
- Truckee prep roundup: Wolverines cruise in volleyball, girls soccer
- Incline prep roundup: Boys, girls soccer fall short to North Tahoe
- North Tahoe football: Mercogliano, Lakers sneak past Yerington JV
- Truckee cross-country: Girls claim 3rd, boys take 10th in Folsom
- North Tahoe crime logs: ‘Slobbering’ man dislocates cop’s shoulder
- Poo problems: Tahoe Donner resident proposes solution for dog waste
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- Jim Porter: Voting recommendations for November 8, part one (opinion)
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens