Truckee Tahoe Junior Golf Tour tees off at Old Greenwood
July 1, 2014
Forty-one junior golfers competed at Old Greenwood Golf Club last Tuesday in the opening tournament of the 2014 Truckee Tahoe Junior Golf Tour.
The young golfers posted impressive results despite a challenging course and cool weather.
In the oldest age group, Cody Tilton led the 16-17 boys by firing a 72, while Airon Yarbrough led the 14-15 boys with a round of 88. Sam Willis was close behind at 94, followed by Gordon Critz. All are members of the Truckee High golf team.
Lauren Hickam carded the top score among the girls field while winning her 12-14 age group with a 45 (nine holes).
Haley McCormick and Carly Davis came in first and second, respectively, in the girls 10-11 age group with scores of 53 and 54.
Kenzie McCormick, the 2013 TTJGT Junior Cup winner, won the 8-9 Girls age group.
Isaac Mozen led the way in the boys 12-13 age group with a 46. Aiden Mason was close behind with a 47, and Matthew Volkman came in third place with a 55.
Ethan Flynn won the boys 10-11 with a 49, while 2013 10-11 TTJGT Junior Cup Winner Jackson Brown shot 55 to come in second. Patruck Volkman was third with a 60.
Huck Raymore finished first in the 8-9 boys age group with a score of 50. Huck is hoping to win the coveted TTJGT Junior Cup for the 8-9 boys that he closely missed out on in 2013.
Zachary Antilla, Luke Brown, Ian Smith and Dutch Wilson followed with respective scores of 58, 60, 62 and 71.
The 12-13 and 10-11 boys play the forward tees. The 14 and older boys age groups play the middle tees. The boys 9 and under will play junior tees as do the girls in the 11 and under age groups.
The next TTJGT tournament is July 8 at Coyote Moon Golf Course. Go to http://www.ttjgt.com for more information and to see results.
Trending In: Sports
- It’s all in the hips: how to keep your golf swing loose this winter
- Lake Tahoe backcountry skiing is skyrocketing in popularity — but is everyone prepared to make it out alive?
- North Lake Tahoe’s Alpenglow Mountain Festival wraps this weekend
- America’s rising star: Tahoe’s Travis Ganong talks life away from World Cup
- Explore Tahoe-Truckee: Incredible views above Lake Tahoe from the Mt. Rose Highway Scenic Overlook
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues
- Creatures released into ‘Lake Tahoe’ go on killing spree in 2015 movie