Truckee tennis | Boys beat North Valleys, improve to 5-2
October 1, 2013
It may have been cold in Truckee last Thursday, but its boys tennis team was hot.
North Valley was unable to furnish a full team, but the Wolverines were playing solid tennis across the board to earn a 15-3 win.
In singles, Nico Gardella won 6-0, 6-2 in the first two rounds. Colter Fellows stepped in during the third round and won a solid match, 6-3, against North Valley's No. 3 seed. Zach Yamauchi was edged 5-7 by that same player, but it a well-fought set. Addison Dvoracek won all three sets, 6-2, 6-2, 6-1.
North Valley had only two doubles teams, which fell to Truckee's Aaron Deeter/Ethan Gotts and Teagan Pado/Colin Gerrard 6-0 in all four matches. Colin Deurlington and Ryan Schildge teamed up to be Truckee's No. 3 seed, winning 6-4 against North Valleys' No. 1 and 6-1 against its No. 2.
Truckee was scheduled to take on North Tahoe on Tuesday in what was likely to be the final match before heading to the Northern Nevada Team Regionals in a few weeks.
"We've had a great season so far," said coach Marc Pado. "Many players have improved their game significantly, raising hopes for a showdown in Las Vegas for state."
Truckee is 5-2 on the year.
Trending In: Sports
- Squaw Valley named best North American ski resort in USA Today poll
- It’s all in the hips: how to keep your golf swing loose this winter
- Lake Tahoe backcountry skiing is skyrocketing in popularity — but is everyone prepared to make it out alive?
- North Lake Tahoe’s Alpenglow Mountain Festival wraps this weekend
- A new life: Since losing the use of her legs, Candace Cable has taken her life in a new direction
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Former Lake Tahoe commissioner: Maybe new person ‘will have more luck’
- Opinion: Placer County is squandering Lake Tahoe’s public assets
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Creatures released into ‘Lake Tahoe’ go on killing spree in 2015 movie