Truckee tennis | Boys beat North Valleys, improve to 5-2
Ryan Summerlin October 1, 2013
It may have been cold in Truckee last Thursday, but its boys tennis team was hot.
North Valley was unable to furnish a full team, but the Wolverines were playing solid tennis across the board to earn a 15-3 win.
In singles, Nico Gardella won 6-0, 6-2 in the first two rounds. Colter Fellows stepped in during the third round and won a solid match, 6-3, against North Valley’s No. 3 seed. Zach Yamauchi was edged 5-7 by that same player, but it a well-fought set. Addison Dvoracek won all three sets, 6-2, 6-2, 6-1.
North Valley had only two doubles teams, which fell to Truckee’s Aaron Deeter/Ethan Gotts and Teagan Pado/Colin Gerrard 6-0 in all four matches. Colin Deurlington and Ryan Schildge teamed up to be Truckee’s No. 3 seed, winning 6-4 against North Valleys’ No. 1 and 6-1 against its No. 2.
Truckee was scheduled to take on North Tahoe on Tuesday in what was likely to be the final match before heading to the Northern Nevada Team Regionals in a few weeks.
“We’ve had a great season so far,” said coach Marc Pado. “Many players have improved their game significantly, raising hopes for a showdown in Las Vegas for state.”
Truckee is 5-2 on the year.
Trending In: Sports
- PHOTOS: Marco Capelli wins inaugural Truckee Marathon
- Truckee football focus: ‘Let’s be the most physical football team on the field’
- North Tahoe football: Mercogliano’s 696 all-purpose yards lead way in homecoming rout
- Truckee JV Pop Warner football team improves to 1-1 with win over Sparks
- Truckee prep roundup: Girls soccer stays unbeaten after wins over South Tahoe, Incline