Truckee tennis | Boys beat North Valleys, improve to 5-2
October 1, 2013
It may have been cold in Truckee last Thursday, but its boys tennis team was hot.
North Valley was unable to furnish a full team, but the Wolverines were playing solid tennis across the board to earn a 15-3 win.
In singles, Nico Gardella won 6-0, 6-2 in the first two rounds. Colter Fellows stepped in during the third round and won a solid match, 6-3, against North Valley’s No. 3 seed. Zach Yamauchi was edged 5-7 by that same player, but it a well-fought set. Addison Dvoracek won all three sets, 6-2, 6-2, 6-1.
North Valley had only two doubles teams, which fell to Truckee’s Aaron Deeter/Ethan Gotts and Teagan Pado/Colin Gerrard 6-0 in all four matches. Colin Deurlington and Ryan Schildge teamed up to be Truckee’s No. 3 seed, winning 6-4 against North Valleys’ No. 1 and 6-1 against its No. 2.
Truckee was scheduled to take on North Tahoe on Tuesday in what was likely to be the final match before heading to the Northern Nevada Team Regionals in a few weeks.
“We’ve had a great season so far,” said coach Marc Pado. “Many players have improved their game significantly, raising hopes for a showdown in Las Vegas for state.”
Truckee is 5-2 on the year.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee prep roundup: Wolverines cruise in volleyball, girls soccer
- Truckee football: Wolverines primed for clash with rival South Tahoe
- North Tahoe football: Mercogliano, Lakers sneak past Yerington JV
- Incline prep roundup: Boys, girls soccer fall short to North Tahoe
- North Tahoe prep roundup: Laker boys soccer thumps Fallon 17-1
- Pilot found dead in plane wreckage west of Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: 6 inches of snow reported at high elevations Monday
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- Woman on vacation from Taiwan killed in Lake Tahoe wreck