Truckee trap-shooting season under way
March 27, 2014
The Truckee High trap-shooting teams are back in action, and ready to add to their multiple awards from last season.
The high school team is a club with voted-in officers each year. Leading the charge this year are club president and team captain Greg Engler, vice president Cole DeuPree, secretary Alexis Curtis, treasurer Rebecca Mason and sergeant-at-arms Tony Moretti.
Dan Engler is head coach and assisted by Brian Marsh, junior shotgun coach Greg Engler and student advisor Jim Driscoll. Tobe Stone is head coach of the Junior Shooters and is assisted by coaches Dick Hadsell, Jeff Swigard, John Hoekman and junior shotgun coach Wyatt Turner.
The lack of weather has allowed the teams to practice most Sunday mornings at the Capitol City Gun Club in Carson City, as well as the Sierra Valley Gun Club in the Sierra Valley.
The teams are in full practice mode in preparation for their first meet, which will be held at Coon Creek in Lincoln on Saturday. About 1,200 Northern California and western Nevada youths from age 9 (rookie division) to 18 (varsity and JV) will compete.
Trending In: Sports
- Tahoe hiking: 6 must-see spots to enjoy autumn colors around the lake
- U.S. Ski Team’s Tim Jitloff, a Truckee native, talks life on and off the slopes
- Truckee prep roundup: Haas first Wolverine to win boys tennis state title
- Truckee football: ‘We’re very proud of our guys’ following high-stakes rivalry win
- North Tahoe football: Lakers put ‘Hurt’ on Silver Stage in 34-0 rout
- North Tahoe Mellow Fellow closes after property’s foreclosure
- Lake Tahoe resort to open ski-in, ski-out coworking space
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Squaw development: Little progress made on Attorney General’s concerns
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump