Truckee volleyball falls 3-2 to Boulder City in state semis
November 11, 2017
The Truckee volleyball team's season came to an end on Friday, Nov. 10 in Las Vegas, with a 3-2 loss to Boulder City in the semifinals of the Nevada Interscholastic Activities Association Class 3A Girls Volleyball Championships.
The Wolverines concluded their season with a 18-13 overall record and were the No. 2 seed from the Northern League going into the tournament.
The girls pushed the Southern League's top team, Boulder City, to the brink during a five-set battle, but ultimately weren't able to knock off the Eagles.
Boulder City won the match 25-20, 18-25, 25-22, 19-25, 15-10. The Eagles will now face Moapa Valley on Saturday, Nov. 11 in the state championship game.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee volleyball finishes year with highest GPA in the state
- Vonn feels focused heading into ski season
- Lindsey Vonn announces Podium Pledge with World Cup season, Winter Olympics in sight
- Diamond Peak nears opening day
- Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows and Heavenly Mountain Resort mark 2017-18 season (video)
- Martis Valley West battle heats up
- Squaw Valley ski resort opens; hundreds line up to take first turns on mountain (video)
- Man with anchor tied around legs 1 of 2 bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- Truckee’s Reid Cox wins $50,000 AARP Purpose Prize for he and his wife’s company iFoster
- Avalanche educators dream bigger despite growth in past decade