Truckee volleyball | Redner, Peak honored on All-League
December 3, 2013
Division I-A All-League volleyball
Coach of the Year: Tarina Martinez, Sparks
Most Valuable Player: Madi Foley, Dayton
Middle blocker: Juliana Velasco, Lowry, Soph.
Middle blocker: Kelsie Galey, Elko, Jr.
Outside hitter: Mackenzie Redner, Truckee, Sr.
Outside hitter: Madi Foley, Dayton, Sr.
Setter: Jessie Coons, Dayton, Sr.
Def. specialist: Taryn Schriner, Dayton, Sr.
Utility: Mary Scholz, Fallon, Sr.
Middle blocker: Kelsie Callahan, Fernley, Sr.
Middle blocker: Josalynn Harris, Elko, Sr.
Outside hitter: Kendyll Delacour, South Tahoe, Soph.
Outside hitter: Lauren Peak, Truckee, Sr.
Setter: Chelsea Mohun, Truckee, Sr.
Def. specialist: Ashley Vickers, Dayton, Sr.
Utility: Desirea Danner, Elko, Jr.
Utility: Ali Tedford, Fallon, Jr.
Middle blocker: Nina Cudra, Sparks, Jr.
Middle blocker: Megan McCormick, Fallon, Soph.
Outside hitter: Kaylee Snow, Spring Creek, Jr.
Outside hitter: Rachel Sigurdson, Lowry, Sr.
Setter: Raquel Marchesseault, South Tahoe
Def. specialist: Ere Higbee, Lowry, Sr.
Utility: McKinley Nevins, Spring Creek, Sr.
Truckee senior outside hitter Mackenzie Redner was voted to the Northern Division I-A All-League first team, while senior teammate Lauren Peak, also an outside hitter, was voted to the second team.
Madi Foley of Dayton was Most Valuable Player and Tarina Martinez of Sparks was Coach of the Year.
The awards were voted on by the league’s coaches.
Trending In: Sports
- Explore Tahoe: From yoga to skiing, Feb. 18-16 winter mountain fest has it all
- Lake Tahoe backcountry skiing is skyrocketing in popularity — but is everyone prepared to make it out alive?
- Death Ride doesn’t live up to name
- Fat-bottom whirls: Try out a fat bike for a new form of Tahoe-Truckee snow fun
- Achieve Tahoe celebrates 50 years changing lives through passion for the outdoors
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week
- Lake Tahoe weather: Foot or more of snow possible Friday; then more rain
- It’s gonna be huge: Lake Tahoe ski resorts look to trump weather issues in time for busy Presidents Day weekend
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Bet your ‘glasses’ – first-of-its-kind wine bar debuts in Incline Village